love language

"Needin' you to talk to me in your love language
Show me, yeah, how
to connect to you
Help me understand"

<3

Paige

"Paige, will you please calm down? You've moved that pillow six different times." Azzi complained, stretched out on the couch while scrolling through TikTok.

"This is Maddy's first time coming to our dorm, I just want it to look nice."

"It looks fine. You're overthinking."

"I just want things to go well." I sighed, flopping down on the couch. Hearing a loud knock at the front door I instantly jumped back up.

"I got it," I called before opening the door with a stupid smile on my face.

"Hey, come in." I stepped aside, letting Maddy walk in.

"This is so cute." She complimented our dorm, glancing around.

"Told you," Azzi muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. Come sit." I quickly ushered her to the couch before Azzi could say anything else. Maddy sat between Azzi and me, but closer to me due to Azzi having her legs stretched out.

"So what do you guys wanna watch?" Azzi asked, picking up the remote.

"Finding-"

"No." Azzi quickly shut down my idea.

"Rude."

"What do you wanna watch, Maddy?" She asked her instead, to which she replied with a shrug.

"I'm good with anything."

"Ratatouille?" Azzi suggested, scrolling through Disney+.

"Yes."

Maddy giggled at how quickly I agreed to the movie, making my head turn to her.

"Fine with me." She agreed, Azzi turning on the movie afterward.

Even as the movie started, I couldn't tear my eyes away from Maddy. Glancing down from her face to her outfit. A pair of sweatpants and a UConn sweatshirt. She was dressed so casually and yet she still looked so good. My eyes moved back up to her face, admiring how beautiful she was.

She started turning her head toward me, I quickly moved mine away, praying she didn't notice me staring.

But the slight smirk on her face told me otherwise.

The rest of the movie went on like normal. Azzi had ended up placing her legs on Maddy's lap, and she laid her head on my shoulder. Which made me much more flustered than I'd like to admit.

As the credits started rolling, Maddy lifted her head off my shoulder but Azzi kept her legs on her lap.

"I forgot how boring that movie is," Maddy mumbled.

"WHAT?"

"It's good, just boring." She smirked with a shrug, leaning back.

"Wrong. It's everything a movie needs to be and more." I argued with her, a smile playing on my face.

"It doesn't even make sense!" She argued back.

"GUYS." Azzi stooped out bickering.

"Let's go get lunch."

"I'm down." I shrugged, getting off the couch.

"I'll drive!"

We all got our shoes on and things together, before following Maddy out of the dorm and to her car.