mad woman

"They say, "move on" but
you know, I won't."

<3

Maddy

I sat at my vanity, finishing up my makeup for Cindy's party. I didn't plan on going, but Val had somehow convinced me to go and try to talk to Paige.

I finished up the look by applying nude lipstick and a thin layer of lipgloss. I ran my hand through my hair before getting up to grab my things so I could leave. I left my apartment and walked to my car.

After starting my car I started playing some Tyler The Creator song for the drive. The drive from my apartment to Cindys house wasn't far, but it was far enough for me to need music.

Whenever I finally arrived, I had to park a couple of houses down due to there already being a lot of people here. One of those people was Nika, who I immediately laid eyes on.

"Nika!" I exclaimed, bringing her into a hug.

"Hi, Maddy." She smiled, hugging me back.

"Do you know if Paige is here? Or if she's even coming?" I asked her as I pulled away from the hug.

"No, I think she's coming with Azzi later. Is something going on between you guys? I heard her and Azzi talking at practice."

I inhaled deeply, not exactly wanting to tell Nika about the kiss. But also not wanting to leave her in the dark.

"If I tell you this, you literally can't tell anyone." I told her, she made a zipping motion on her lips in reply.

"Paige and I kissed."

"What?!!!" She exclaimed with a wide smile across her face. "It's about time."

"Yeah well, we haven't exactly talked about it and I was kinda hoping to today."

"Well, I'll let you know whenever I see her. Promise." She smiled reassuringly.

I gave her one last smile before walking off to hopefully find something to drink. On the way to the kitchen, I bumped into Cindy herself.

"Hey, you came!!" She cheered, bringing me into a tight hug.

"Yep!" I gave a small smile, pulling myself out of the hug gently. She already had a strong scent of alcohol on her, and the party had just started.

She ended up walking away with some dude who looked as high as she was drunk.

I walked into the kitchen, scanning the different choices of drinks. It was mainly alcohol, but there were a couple of different sodas.

I grabbed a red solo cup and poured some Sprite into it, leaning against the counter and taking a sip of it.

I stood there for a little while, watching as the house got increasingly full by the hour. How many more people did this girl invite?

I ended up leaving the kitchen as more people came in and made my way to the living room. Stopping when I hit someone else's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry- Paige?"

"It's fine." She brushed it off and started walking back the other way.

"Wait, Paige," I stopped her, holding her wrist softly, "Can we talk.."

She looked as if she was definitely in no mood but I had to at least attempt to talk to her.

"Look, Maddy, I don't wanna talk about this right now. Just leave me alone." She pulled her wrist away and walked off.

What. The. Hell?

I stood there for a minute out of pure shock. How does someone go from kissing you to pushing you away?

I was without a doubt ready to leave this party.

I didn't even want to come in the first place. But I did so I could talk to Paige and she just walked away from me like it was nothing. Did the kiss really mean nothing to her?

I started my walk to the front door, leaving the house.

"Madison?" A familiar voice stopped me.

"Oh, hey Enzo." I met eyes with the boy that stopped me. Whos breath smelled strongly of alcohol. Was everyone seriously already drunk?

"I was starting to think I wasn't going to see you here." He took a step closer to me.

"Well, here I am." I pressed my lips into a line before turning away to walk off.

"Wait, wait!" He stopped me again, "Look, Maddy, I really like you. Like really like you, bro." He started slipping all his thoughts.

"You're drunk, Enzo." I rolled my eyes, not being in the mood for drunk love confessions.

"I'm serious though! Like I'll prove it." He told and before I could even realize what he was doing, his lips were on mine and he was pulling me closer to him.

Once I could finally comprehend what was happening I pushed him off me, wiping my lips.

"God, Enzo, what the hell!?"

"I thought you liked me!"

I didn't say anything else but turned my back and walked out of the house, feeling my eyes become glossy. I didn't understand what was going on with either Paige or Enzo but I didn't care at this point. I wanted to go home and call Val.

Instagram

Liked by: @uconnwbblover, @probably

Liked by: @uconnwbblover, @probably.nobody, @random7209 and 8,942 others...

@uconnsocialnews: UConn basketball player @enzo.mbb seen kissing @maddy.monroe, thoughts?

View Comments...

uconnsthebest: i told you guys they would be cute together

somerandomfan: is this real??

random.729: i thought she looked better with Paige

————

hi hehe
messy messy messyyyy
love u guys lol