lover

"Have I known you for 20
seconds or 20 years"

<3

Paige

It had been a couple of days since the dinner and was just another practice before the game this weekend.

I stood in the middle of the court, dribbling the ball in front of my legs, before shooting towards the net and watching as it went in and through. I walked over and grabbed the ball, bouncing it against the court floor once again.

"Nice shot." A familiar voice spoke up, walking inside the court.

"Maddy!" Azzi cheered and quickly brought her into a side hug.

"Hey, you came." I smiled softly as I brought her into a side hug like Azzi had. Honestly, I wasn't expecting her to since she didn't have to take pictures of this practice. But she was already so close with all of us, so it wasn't surprising.

"Of course I did." She smiled, her arms falling back to her side.

"Wanna shoot with us?" I asked, offering the ball to her.

"I probably shouldn't. I'm no good." She chuckled, shaking her head at my offer.

"Here, I'll help you." I brought her onto the court, the same spot where I was just standing. I stood behind her. Placing the ball in her hands and moving them in position to shoot it.

"Stay like that," I mumbled lowly, stepping away.

"Now shoot."

She jumped up slightly, shooting the basketball into the hoop and successfully making it. She cheered and clapped for herself, turning around to face me.

I could tell she wasn't expecting us to be so close from the way her eyes widened. I gazed down into her chestnut-colored eyes, watching as they looked back into mine. Her soft smile making the faint smile lines pop out, and her eyes glowing from lights above us.

"Nice shot," I repeated the compliment she gave me earlier, still looking down at her.

"Thank you."

She finally pulled her eyes away from mine, turning around and walking off to grab the ball.

The two of us had continued shooting and dribbling the ball back and forth, helping her make a couple more baskets and watching as she made some on her own.

"Paige!" Azzi called my name, she and the other girls walked off the court and into the locker rooms.

"Sorry, I got here so late. I had homework." Maddy apologized, handing me back the ball.

"That's alright. I'll see you at the game Friday anyway." I shrugged it off, taking the ball from her swiftly. She gave me a little smile before turning around and walking out. I turned in the other direction, placed the ball on the rack and walked into the locker rooms.

I opened my locker and grabbed my bag.

"I see you, P." Azzi brushed my shoulder softly as she picked up her bag.

I gave her a 'what are you talking about' type look.

"Maddy?" Oh.

"No idea what you mean." I pressed my lips into a line and shut my locker.

"Don't play dumb, P. You look at her like you've known her for years." She trailed off as we both walked out of the locker rooms together.

"I don't know, Azzi. She's just really pretty." I shrugged, my tone becoming a low mumble.

"You think a lot of people are pretty, yet you only look at Maddy that way..." She shook her head, a knowing smirk on her face.

I didn't say anything else, just got into the front seat while Azzi got into the passenger. Azzi reached and grabbed the aux, playing some songs from her playlist and singing along as we drove back to our dorm. She dropped the questions and comments, but I didn't. It was all I could think of. Was I thinking too much about it all?

———

hehe
hi
hope you're enjoying
ok bye 👋