Kai's Missing

“Where did he go-?” Kai asked

---------------------------------------------------------

The Overlord had vanished by the time we looked back. Kiren struggled under the ropes still as the time flew but to no avail, she couldn’t escape. “Let me go!” She screamed, still under the control of The Overlord. “How did he vanish?” Jay looked back outside, looking fully around outside. “He’s just up and gone. How did he do that? Did we win?” He spoke some more before turning around. “Where is Kai?” Jay was frozen. Kai was gone. “You’ll never find him!” Kiren laughed one last time before fainting. “NO! Wake up! Tell us more!” Lloyd shook Kiren, but no response. “What would the Overlord want with Kai?” Nya looked at us, confused. “No clue, he could want anything to do with Kai as long as he gets what he wants.” I spoke out, none of this should have happened.

Kai’s POV

I woke up, it was dark, very dark, I was chained to the ceiling, slouched down with my arms up, as my feet barely hit the ground. “Where am I?” I said to myself. I looked around but it was too dark, my element didn’t work either. “Now to see if the ninja will be strong without you or your sister.” A voice said. I looked around for the voice, but nothing. “You better not hurt her or Nya. You leave my sisters alone, you hear me!” I yelled. No response. It was quiet. Too quiet. I hated every second of it. My eyes soon adjusted to the dark as I looked around, it was a cell, with a full door and a small window. Really wasn’t necessary for it to be like that but here we are. No light was admitted through, it was just dark, no bed, no toilet, nothing. I couldn’t move at all. I was weak, it all ached. Every movement hurt badly. I didn’t know what to do. At this rate, I’d never escape. The pain was unbearable to the point I just passed out. Will I ever get out of here? Who knows.

It was a few days later. Still no light but I wasn’t chained to the ceiling anymore, just to the floor with some food. Still couldn’t use my element and my natural strength wasn’t strong enough to break the chain. What could I do? I picked at the food that was given to me, not sure if it was poisoned or not. The last few meals weren’t but I wasn’t gonna play games like that. I smelled it, it smelt like meat, which was good, but it could have been coated. The water smelt off, but I didn’t need it. The mashed potatoes smelt like mashed potatoes, and well, the dumplings smelt like dumplings. I took a bite of one of the dumplings, relieved that it wasn’t poisoned. I ate the food, setting the plate aside before leaning on the wall. Why was he feeding me? Why was he taking care of me? Shouldn’t he be hurting me? Why did his voice sound different? All of that was answered shortly. “Enjoy the food?” The voice said. “Yeah, but who are you?” I asked, looking at the door.

“You’re probably thinking I’m The Overlord but I assure you I am not. You are here for more than you think. I just need to get my hands on Jay, and you’re the key to him. You are one of his best friends after all. The Overlord has been dealt with. Kiren wasn’t even part of the plan, but she was fun to mess with too. Though Nya was who I was hoping for. Jay wouldn’t want his lover hurt.” The voice smirked. He was right though. Jay wouldn’t want Nya hurt, but also wouldn’t want anyone else hurt as well. “Was that really The Overlord we saw or was that something else?” I questioned. “Well, that was just to divert your attention away from everyone while I did what I needed. My minions were supposed to grab Jay, not you. But you will have to do. After all, they all think The Overlord took you, not me. Though Jay might figure it out quicker than you think.” He spoke, I caught a glimpse of him a bit, why did he look familiar? “Victor?” I spoke, looking at the figure. “H-How?! How did you know!?” He panicked. “I took a guess, Jay’s ex. Only reason he’d know quicker. Why do you want him?” I stood up, holding the wall for support. “There’s a lot of reasons, I did not want him to leave the way he did. He wasn’t supposed to leave like that. We were supposed to be together forever!” Victor rambled. This gave me time to go over to the door, peering through the small window. “You will not lay a finger on him, you hear me?” I stared at Victor through the window before looking around. It was hard to see. “I’ll find him one way or another.”

Lloyd’s POV

Kiren had woken up, confused about where she was. Nya rushed over and hugged her, knowing her sister was finally okay. “What happened?” Kiren hugged Nya back before rubbing her head. “The Overlord took over you for a bit, Kai is missing, it’s a lot but it will get sorted. You just rest up, okay?” I draped a blanket over her. “Kai’s Missing?! And you didn’t think to start searching the second he was gone?!” She yelled. “We have been searching this whole time, there’s nothing.” Zane told her, making sure she stayed on the couch. Jay was pacing around the room, his mind racing. “Jay? Are you okay?” I stopped him. He jumped, startled. “Huh?! Oh yeah, I-I’m fine. I-I think I know where Kai is..” Jay started walking towards the game room. Everyone followed him, and I mean everyone in that room. We all went down in the elevator. “Where is he, Jay? Talk to us.” Cole put his hand on Jay’s shoulder. “Y-You remember my ex, Victor?” Jay scanned around, everyone nodding, “He’s been blowing up my phone these past few weeks with messages saying he was gonna kidnap me, take me to his hidden spot and gonna keep me there until I realized my mistake when I left him. I blocked him a day before Kai was taken. I couldn’t think at all with his messages being all over my head.” Jay sighed, holding the rail. We made it down, following Jay out, Nya helping Kiren as we went towards the computer. Jay sat down, looking up the address. Kai's tracker wasn't too far from it.

“You think he's there?” Cole asked, Jay nodded. “Yeah, tbh, it's a whole lot to process but hey, it'll be okay. He will be safe. Hopefully..” Jay stared at the spot on the map for a while, it just seemed like he was in a trance or something. “Jay?” Kiren tapped his shoulder, him snapping out of it all. “Huh? Oh yeah right. Fire up the bounty, we've got a ninja to save.” Jay spoke and that's where we are now. It's a long trip but hey, worth it. We traveled through more than one place. We went from the desert to a plain field to a forest. The farther we went, the more we saw, like cherry blossom trees, water falls, the list went on. Nya was steering as normal, Kiren resting in the cabin, and the others doing whatever, and Jay was looking over the edge with me as we flew. “Are you ready to face Victor?” I looked over, asking him. He kept staring over the edge, looking at the view. “Yeah, it’s better to do it now than to wait for a later date to do so. Besides, he messed with the wrong people. Kiren should have never had to go through any of that and Kai didn’t deserve to be taken in my place to mess with me. The Overlord was just used as a distraction. He never cared about anything else, and besides, the motherboard was destroyed and burned multiple times, there is no way anyone could rebuild any of that. So taking a look at everything I have gathered, he only wants one thing. Me.” Jay spoke calmly, determined to get Kai back but he didn’t even look at me when speaking, he stared into the distance with some plan on his mind. What could he be planning? “We are almost there. 2 more hours and we should arrive.” Nya yelled from the bridge. 2 hours seemed like a lot but it actually wasn’t, not on trips like this. Jay soon walked away, walking down the stairs and through the corridor. I followed him. He was still acting weird and I couldn’t let that go without more of an explanation. I guess he wasn’t focused because he ended up bumping into Cole before falling to the ground. “Hey Zaptrap, not focused much?” Cole chuckled before helping him up. “Y-Yeah, sorry.” Jay dusted himself off. “You know you can talk to us, right?” I put my hand on Jay’s shoulder. “I know, it’s just, it’s a lot to talk about and a struggle too. I’ll let you know when I am ready.” Jay flashed a smile before walking off. Cole and I watched him walk off before looking at each other. “I don’t think he’s ready to do this alone.” Cole sighed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo, don't hate me, but, another cliffhanger. I wanna try and set these out chapter by chapter so there's more to go through. I have ideas of what to do but I wanna separate things out for the time being.

BUT this has been a fun chapter to write and I really hope you enjoy it! Thank you all for 21K reads, it means a lot to know people are enjoying this still after I started writing back in 2019 and I am really excited to continue this book and hope you'll enjoy every bit of it!

That's all for now folks!

~Xionnwrites signing off~

Word Count: 1690