Chapter 13

A few days had passed since Graystripe arrived in ThunerClan, and [Y/A/N] could see that her father followed her advice and kept his distance.

Meanwhile, Jaypaw was acting as if he knew something she didn't; his eyes sparkled knowingly whenever he was near her, Lionpaw or Hollypaw.

That day, [Y/A/N] walked up to Jaypaw after he came back from patrol and demanded, "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing," Jaypaw said and scurried away. [Y/A/N] knew that he sneaked out to follow Leafpool to the Moonpool. When he came back, he would always stare at his clanmates through his blind blue eyes as if he were the greatest cat in all four clans.

[Y/A/N] jumped out at him while he was on patrol. "Tell me!"

"No of course not!" Jaypaw growled. "Why didn't I hear her coming?" He muttered under his breath, but [Y/A/N] could still hear what he said.

[Y/A/N] stared hard at Jaypaw. "StarClan told you something," she concluded.

"Why do you need to know everything about me?" Jaypaw snapped and stomped away. 

[Y/A/N] narrowed her eyes and slammed her paw down on a mouse that Jaypaw had scared from its hiding place.

When Jaypaw came back from patrol, [Y/A/N] asked him the same question again. "Stop bothering me!" He growled.

[Y/A/N]  could tell that he was close to his tipping point. Just one gentle nudge and she would be able to get anything out of him. 

"This is why you have no friends and the whole clan thinks your grumpy," [Y/A/N] whined, adding the perfect amount of humor and irritation in her voice so that Jaypaw wouldn't be hurt by her words and she still could get her answers.

Jaypaw growled softly. "I'm thinking about becoming a medicine cat an there's a prophecy about the four of us, Hollypaw, Lionpaw, you and I," he said really quickly.

"YESS!" [Y/A/N]  yowled. "Congrats and really?" She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "Also, no cat in the clan thinks that."

Jaypaw's jaw dropped. "You have an evil way of doing things!" He exclaimed.

[Y/A/N] purred. "So what's the prophecy about?"

"Oh nothing really," Jaypaw said, sounding sarcastically casual.  "Just the usual prophecy stuff with the clans dying, you know?"

[Y/A/N] glared at him. "Tell me the exact words."

Jaypaw groaned. "Do I have to?"

[Y/A/N] blinked innocently. "It's your choice, really."

"Actually?"

"No of course not, mouse-brain!" Jaypaw blinked, stunned by [Y/A/N]'s sudden outburst.

"There will be three, kin of your kin with the power of stars in their paws," Jaypaw recited from memory. 

[Y/A/N] tipped her head to one side. "Kin of my kin?"

"I was watching Firestar's dream," Jaypaw explained. 

"So you were eavesdropping."

Jaypaw flicked his tail irritably. "Aren't you glad that I did?"

[Y/A/N] shrugged. "I guess," she conceded. "But how do you know I'm the prophecy cat?"

"Do you know another cat who can leave their body as a spirit?"

"Not really," [Y/A/N] admitted. Jaypaw rolled his eyes. [Y/A/N] felt a sudden surge of happiness and jumped, shocked at herself. The thought that she was in a prophecy with Jaypaw exhilarated her.

[Y/A/N] shook out her pelt. I'm not supposed to. He's considering becoming a medicine cat. I can't do this.

But [Y/A/N] knew that her eye shone with pure joy, and for once, she was glad that Jaypaw was blind.