Chapter 6

1 moon later......

[Y/K/N] was busy grooming herself. "What do you think my warrior name's going to be?" Jaykit asked excitedly.

"You're not even an apprentice yet, how do you expect to be a warrior?" [Y/K/N]'s whiskers twitched in amusement.

"I like to plan ahead," Jaykit said crossly.

"Well don't plan too far ahead. You can't be an apprentice looking like that!" [Y/K/N] retorted.

Jaykit shook out his fur. "I look fine!" He insisted.

"Sure," [Y/K/N] replied, purring.

"There's already a Berrypaw. Won't every cat get confused?" Berrykit meowed worriedly. (I'll leave their mentor's name in brackets in case you were wondering)

[Y/K/N] put her tail on her sister's shoulder. "Whatever happens, I'm sure Firestar can think of a solution for it."

Jaykit's eyes gleamed mischievously. "What if Firestar decides to keep you as Berrykit until Berrypaw becomes a warrior?"

Berrykit's eyes widened. "He won't do that!"

Jaykit shook out his pelt, making it even messier. "I can't stand it! Jaykit, get over here." [Y/K/N]  grabbed Jaykit by his scruff and began licking him vigorously.

"The ceremony is starting!" Hollykit squealed.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here for a clan meeting," Firestar's voice rang clearly across the clearing. 

(imma just skip this bec i forgot the words to the ceremony)

                    ***

Jaypaw was apprenticed to Brightheart, Lionkit to Ashfur, and Hollykit to Leafpool.

[Y/A/N] was apprenticed to Sorreltail, Berrypaw to Squirrelflight, Snowpaw to Whightwing and Blossompaw to Birchfall. 

The clan chanted their names, each voice bursting with pride for the new apprentices. "Lionpaw! Hollypaw! Jaypaw! [Y/A/N]! Berrypaw! Snowpaw! Blossompaw!" 

Brightheart beckoned to her apprentice with a flick of her tail. "Come on," She meowed. "We're talking to Longtail."

Jaykit growled softly and padded after Brightheart to the elders' den.

For those who didn't read the Power of Three series, Hollypaw actually wanted to be Leafpool's apprentice, but she quit later on, and Jaypaw filled in for her.