Chapter 3

[Y/K/N] could see faint ripples of ThunderClan around her. She tried to lift her head, but couldn't. She could see the faint line of her fur, and pushed as hard as she could until she left her body.

I'm a ghost! She realized with a jolt. She looked back at her body, relieved to see the faint rise and fall of her chest as she breathed.

[Y/K/N] tried to get Leafpool's attention, but it was as if she was transparent. [Y/K/N] bounded out of the medicine den and up to the leaders' den. "Berrykit! Hi!" She yowled, but Berrykit continued grooming.

She did the same for every warrior in the clan, and each time she greeted them, she got the same reaction. No reaction. feeling dejected, [Y/K/N] padded back into the medicine den where Jaykit was staring blindly at her. His nose twitched. "[Y/K/N]?" He whispered.

"Jaykit!" [Y/K/N] purred, her paws growing numb with relief. "Can you see me?" Jaykit rolled his eyes. "Sorry. Can you scent me?" [Y/K/N] corrected.

"Of course I can scent you," Jaykit replied. "You're in the nest next to me."

"But can you tell I'm a ghost?" [Y/K/N] asked eagerly. 

Jaykit nodded. "I can feel your presence."

"Can you touch me?" [Y/K/N]'s tail twitched with excitement. 

Jaykit shrugged. "I don't know. But you can try." He pulled out a paw from under him and placed it in front of [Y/K/N]. [Y/K/N] held her breath in anticipation and touched he tip of her paw to Jaykit's.

"Can you feel it?" [Y/K/N] asked. Jaykit nodded. [Y/K/N] ran her tail along Jaykit's spine. "How about now?" JAykit nodded again.

"[Y/K/N], you should go. I hear Leafpool coming," Jaykit meowed urgently.

"Jaykit, why are you talking to [Y/K/N]? She hasn't woken up yet." Leafpool's eyes glistened with concern as she touched her nose to Jaykit's forehead. "Do you have a fever?"

Jaykit pulled away. "I'm fine," he snapped. [Y/K/N] noticed that his eyes were drooping.

"You should get some rest. You'll feel better tomorrow," Leafpool advised and crawled into her own nest.

After Leafpool's breathing deepened, Jaykit whispered, "What are you going to do now? Are you going back to your body?"

[Y/K/N] shook her head. "Everything hurts too much," she replied. "I think I'll explore ThunderClan's territory." At Jaykit's crestfallen expression, she added, "I'll be back by morning to tell you all about it."

Then she pictured the cliff where she fell and found the medicine den fading. Jaykit was looking at her longingly. [Y/K/N] felt a surge of loyalty toward Jaykit, the only cat in ThunderClan who could see her.