A Flame of Love's Life-Karlach and Dammon (A reunion where the Journey Began)

A flame burns forever until it meets fire. That is how it is when it comes to love. Flame is what love needs. The Barbarian Tiefling has been dealing with the buried feelings towards the Tiefling blacksmith back from the grove. She misses him so much. and he misses her as well. Their flames burn for each other. Until one day, some invites come in from an old familiar friend from their travels. Withers. And he calls for them for a reunion and to gather for the first time in six months since restoring peace to the world after defeating the elder brain to Baldur's Gate City.

Author's Note: This story simi spoiler to the end of the game of Baldur's Gate. The Epilogue of the game. Do not read unless you have played the game. Only a few parts of it are spoilers but the rest is made up. This is my head cannon of what if Karlach and Dammon had the chance to meet again after six months at the gathering invited by Withers.

A Flame of Love's Life-Karlach and Dammon (A reunion where the Journey Began)

Six months later, A companion name Withers sent out letters of an invitation to a reunion. Maki received the letters of hers and Astraion's after coming back from the Guild of Bane that Maki's dad runs in all of Baldur's Gate. The powerful warlock Magnus Bane. Maki told Astraion about it after washing up and preparing for bed.

"Oh? The crinkle man sent out invitations to a reunion?" he says, reading the invitation, taking a sip of blood from his cup. "Will there be friends like him, but crinkle?" That made Maki chuckle while rolling her eyes smiling. There he is being funny in his charismatic way. "It says further into the letter that 'The place where the journey began'" Maki pauses for a moment as a wave of emotions with the memories came crashing down. She sat up from her spot in the bed reflecting on how far they had come to put an end to this and growing bonds with everyone. Most importantly, the hardships of all companions including the one that the heart claims.

The Pale Elf. He was all so friendly and out shining like putting the spotlight on them to entertain the audiences. The master performer and charismatic. Maki did not think of it much, but her gut was telling a different story.

'Be on your guard.' It spoke. 'Do not trust him so easily.'

They were lingering in the back of her head as every word or conversation felt like a balance of truth and lies. A waltz dance battlefield in between while two shadows were watching them from afar. That was the perspective for Maki when it came to Astraion. Any interaction felt like a theatrical play. But for Astraion, it was him watching another version of himself taking control of everything for him. They were the one dancing with Maki. Not the real Astraion. He could not help but go along with it while the plan was to manipulate there with Maki even seduce and sleep with her. It came crashing down when realizing his tactics were the ones he used to lure his victims to him. His former now dead master Cazador Szar. The feeling punched him in the stomach imagining luring Maki then see her get taken away to never be seen again. He could not let that happen. He must come clean or else something terrible will happen. He cannot live with the guilt of Maki being out of the picture. It will ruin him for life. He will take it to his grave. This cannot continue any longer. The truth must be set free. And it was.

Maki remembered the night when Astraion confessed about his plan to Maki that he was to manipulate her feelings to never turn on him also seduce and sleep with her. Then followed by admitting his feelings towards her and that wanting to be real with her is something he wanted. To be real with each other, not fake or act to be real. There were a lot of overwhelming emotions that night to cries, outburst, and settling. Where did they settle? Well after crying their eyes out, they lean in for a hug with some kisses in between before things took a turn when Astraion picked up Maki without breaking the kiss stealth his way to her tent. They made love that night in Maki's tent. No hooking up or getting it out of the system. Actual love. Everything was for real. The feeling of being able to feel and decide for their own felt like a relief. It felt great for Astraion. Break free from bad habits. Now it is different. There in a happy state of mind. In a good place.