Chapter 36

As they had put a considerable distance between themselves and the men, Celebelen let out a sigh and launched into apologies, "I am so sorry, auntie. I don't know what he was thinking. I can't believe he let Legolas hear him saying such things."

Galadriel shook her head and laughed again, "I think it was extremely funny, and an excellent break in the wedding jitters."

Legolas looked up at her from her side and asked, "Is ada in trouble?"

Nodding, she replied, "Oh absolutely."

Looking upset, Legolas asked, "Did I get ada in trouble?! Naneth don't be mad at ada!"

Scooping him up, she rubbed his back as she comforted him, "Don't you worry, my little leaf. Ada got himself in trouble. Everything will be okay, sweet love."

In the next moment, they entered the building extravagantly decorated for the wedding. Galadriel lead them through the halls into a large room where Celebrian stood in her glorious wedding gown. When she saw them she shrieked with joy, "Oh, I'm so happy to see you cousin!"

Celebelen set down Legolas to go hug Celebrian tightly. "Oh you look absolutely beautiful! What a work of true art!"

As she drew away, Celebrian grinned and held her shoulders, "Thank you so much. I'm so happy you're here!"

Celebelen smiled back and replied, "We brought you a large stock of wine as a gift. Also, may I introduce my son, Legolas?"

Celebrian knelt down to one knee to get down on Legolas's level. She held her hand out and said softly, "Hello, Legolas. It is good to finally meet you."

Taking her hand and shaking it firmly, he replied, "Hello. Naneth said you were my cousin. I've never met a cousin before."

Celebrian smiled and said, "It is good to have family, don't you think?"

"I don't know yet," Legolas said after a small pause.

Celebrian's laugh echoed in the room as Celebelen gave an embarrassed smile. Galadriel swept forward and motioned her daughter towards the vanity so she could carefully place a gold head piece in her pretty white hair.

On her way past, Galadriel whispered, "Sounds like someone wants a word."

Celebelen's brows rose in confusion, until she heard her husband's voice in her head.

Celebelen....

No, you are in trouble. You embarrassed me.

Please, my love. I am sorry.

I will never understand why you feel the urge to say such things. Elrond has been nothing but kind and hospitable to us.

His tone became even more apologetic, I am a selfish bastard when it comes to you. And I didn't realize Legolas was listening.

Thranduil, of course he was listening. You are his father! He idolizes you. Of course he absorbs everything you say.

Most of the time it seems like he ignores me. He'd rather go slay imaginary dragons with his wooden sword than listen to lessons.

She did not reply for a long while, watching Galadriel carefully pin the beautiful long tresses of her daughter's hair in a lovely style. Mother and daughter chatted happily with Legolas as he bombarded them with questions.

I promise to be more careful about what I say around him.

Did you at least apologize?