Chapter 25

I only was able to see a bright, blinding light. I couldn't see anything except white. Was I looking into the sun? Why can't I see anything? What is happening to me?

I heard a distant sound. A sound of sobbing, crying. It filled my ears and that was all I could hear for what seemed like hours. I felt like I was floating; flying up in the air with the breeze flowing through my hair. I felt distant, like I was slipping away and becoming invisible. Out of sight, out of mind.

I felt like as if pounds and pounds of weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and now I was as light as a feather. I felt myself being pushed up into the air. I tried to get a grip, telling myself that it was all going to be okay. That Gaven would help me through this. That he would pull me out of it. But I knew that all of that was a lie. I was only lying to myself.

But sometimes, lying was the only thing that you could do.

I felt myself drifting, plummeting into the unknown head first. Not knowing what laid ahead of me, I still proceeded to trek along. Soon, the sobbing that filled my ears became mute. My ears started ringing with the stillness; the silence clogging my ears.

I then saw Chloe, beaming at me. She was wearing a white dress that flowed around mid-thigh. Her hair was down, long and luxurious. She held her hand out to me and said, "Come. Come with me. Take my hand and follow me."

Tears pricked my eyes, her figure becoming a blur. Not asking questions, I took her hand and grasped it tightly, not letting go. She then led me into the white light, clutching my hand while doing so.

I felt myself drifting into the bright, white light in front of me. I soon heard nothing, saw nothing. And became nothing, fading and departing from the world as I knew it.