Chapter 11

I woke up back in my bed, Loretta looking down at me with her hands on her hips. She frowned at me, her eyes full with fiery. I stared back at  her, waiting for her to explode.

I couldn't take the tension any longer. "How long was I out for?" I asked.

"I can't believe you!" Loretta scolded. I cringed at how loud her voice boomed through the air. "You should have known better. Didn't you press the red button? Why on earth would you just walk to the door when I told you not to? Do you even listen to me anymore? You should know at this age what to do and what not to do. Listen next time okay?" 

Loretta sighed at me and shook her head. Anger crept into my veins and coursed through and out of my mouth. "I waited there for over two hours waiting for you! And yes, I did press the red button several times might I add. No one showed up, no matter how many times I pressed the button. So, I took matters into my own hands and thought I could easily walk to the door without any trouble. How was supposed to know that I would pass out? I guess I can't even walk without wobbling a little." 

Loretta's face softened when I was finished. "Okay. I'm sorry I wasn't right there when I heard the buzzer. I was just.. Busy talking to your parents in my office about how you were doing." She smiled sadly at me. "You parents told me that they miss you to peices and that they love you."

I smiled in return and tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to cascade down my cheeks. Loretta then patted me on the shoulder before she left me alone. Once the door was closed, I felt my lip start to quiver. The tears then ran all the way down my face, like it was a race to see who would get past my temples first. I put my face in my hands and bawled my eyes out.  

I started to sob when I heard the door open. I kept crying since I assumed it was Loretta and she forgot something. My whole body was shaking since I was crying hysterically, and my sobs grew louder with every passing minute. I heard someone sit down on a chair and that's when I instantly stopped crying and sobbing.

I smelled cologne as he rapped his arms around me. I looked up and saw Gaven. Not my Dad, but Gaven. I was about to say something, but he put a finger to his lips. I then closed my mouth as the tears kept coming. I put my head on his shoulder and let the tears fall into my lap.