Chapter 7

"That was the most movement that we saw yet out of you!" Nurse Loretta cooed. I was now back in my body, not looking over myself anymore. I have finally awoken from the coma-thing that I got in. Now, Loretta can't stop talking about it. Loretta quickly jotted it down in her notepad as the other nurses frantically unplugged and plugged in some of the machinery that was around me. 

"I can't believe that I woke up," I replied as I sat up on my hospital bed. "It's crazy. I don't know what came over me." 

"Well, I'm going to go and call your family and tell them the great news!" Loretta exclaimed. She happily skipped toward the desk phone. 

As Loretta was chatting with my parents excitedly, the realization of the situation came over me. 

I am alive. 

As soon as my parents heard the news, they dropped everything and came over to see me. My Mom, hysterically crying, brought flowers. My Dad brought a vase for the flowers. How fancy.

They were the first visitors in line on the waiting list of people. Dad sat down in a chair near my bed and Mom sat on the edge of my bed. 

"I can't believe that you're—" Mom burst into tears again.

"It's okay, Mom." I said, trying to comfort her. "I'm fine now."

My Dad reached over me to pat Mom's shoulder. "It's alright, honey."

Once my Mom regained her composure, she looked at me and smiled. She came over to me and whispered in my ear, "I'm so glad that you're okay. We missed you."

I smirked as their visit came to an end and another one began.

My next visitor was Chloe. She ran in the room and gave me a bag of Hershey's bars as she sat down in a chair. She wiped her eyes as the tears starting cascading down her cheeks.  

"Not you too," I joked. "My parents already made a waterfall in here and I don't want you adding onto it."

Chloe smiled at me. "I'm so glad you're awake. I was worried about you. Did you know that Gaven came into your bedroom and saw you? I tried to act nonchalant, but on the inside I was freaking out. I mean, there were a ton of questions that I was dying to ask him..." 

I, of course, already knew that Gaven was in the waiting room and that he went in to see me. I smiled at Chloe. I am so glad to be alive.