Chapter 8- Tunnel Vision

3rd POV (At the Autobot Base)

"If we are to have any hope of recovering the Iacon relics before the Decepticons do, we must divide our resources." Optimus tells them.

"But, Optimus. When it comes to numbers, we are already at a grave disadvantage." Rachet pointed out.

"Under the circumstances, swiftness of action is paramount. This is one race that we absolutely cannot afford to lose." said Optimus.

Meanwhile, the Decepticon warship flew over New York City.

"Dispatching multiple squadrons will enable us to pursue all four coordinates, simultaneously." said Megatron.

Just then, Knockout comes into the main room along with Shadowblade and the Vehicons.

"Lord Megatron, I have assembled the mining detail you requested for the first set of coordinates. Breakdown, Shadowblade and I enjoyed previous success retrieving Iacon relics. In memory of my fallen comrade, I intend to do the same again." Knockout boosted.

"This is a mission, not one of your racing excursions. Stop your preening, move quickly and operate with a surgeon's skill! Did you understand me, Knockout?!" Megatron yelled.

"Explicitly, Lord Megatron." Knockout complied nervously.

"Now since the unfortunate loss of Breakdown has left you rather... vulnerable. You will require appropriate support." Megatron tells him.

Knockout turns a see an Insecticon and chuckled nervously.

"How very...repellent." Knockout noted.

"And Shadowblade will assistist you for additional support." Megatron added.

Back at the Base, Rachet is tracking the coordinates on the computer

"Here's a twist. It would appear that the Decepticons have retreated from Manhattan." said Rachet.

"They just...up and left?" Arcee asked.

"It is already more likely that Megatron has already set course for the second set of coordinates. Having dispatched a unit to this relic's underground location." Optimus stated.

"Without busting up a city block to get to it?" Periwinkle asked.

"They use subway tunnels.New York has a whole network of them running beneath the city." Jack informed.

"Since the human population no longer seems to be directly threatened, maintaining our disguise will be necessary. Arcee, Periwinkle, Bumblebee, you are the best choices to navigate through such a densely populated area." Optimus explained.

"Optimus, New York has more than 8 million people. The odds of being spotted by at least one of them are pretty high, even if they are headed underground." Jack pointed out.

"Where are you going with this?" Arcee asked.

"You're gonna need a face man. Someone who can speak on their behalf. A human who can run interference if their cover gets blown." Jack explained.

"Well, I've actually been in subway stations. I grew up in a major metropolis, unlike Mister 'I've never been outside Jasper, Nevada' and Miss 'Beauty Queen who grew up in Los Angeles'." Miko sassed.

"I have been to Cybertron." Jack replied.

"I've traveled to the Dominican Republic, Egypt, and Iran. I just haven't been in New York...yet." Lydia stated.

"Ooh, Lee the Explorer. And Cybertronian doesn't have subways, does it." Miko asked.

"Agent Fowler's field experience makes him our best candidate." Optimus claimed.