Chapter 12- Duel of the Sabers

3rd POV (At the Decepticon Warship)

"Forgive me, lord Megatron. While I do not question the wisdom of our tactical retreat, know that I am fully prepared to lead the troops in a counterattack against the Autobots." said Dreadwing.

"Counterattack? Perhaps you failed to notice Optimus Prime cleaved an entire mountain with a single blow. With the Star Saber in his possession, my enemy can obliterate us all with a wave of his hand! I must find a way to tip the balance of power back in our favor." Megatron stated.

"Do we not also possess a powerful relic of the ancients Indeed the forge of Solus Prime." Dreadwing asked.

"But it is useless, except in the hand of a Prime. But I might wield that power if I were to control such a hand." said Megatron.

At the Autobot Base, Optimus is telepathically receiving a message from Alpha Trion.

"I wish that I could meet you under better circumstances, Optimus Prime. But I fear that Iacon will not withstand the next Decepticon assault." said Alpha Trion.

"So you speak to me from across the ages." said Optimus.

"If you are listening to this message, then I take solace that you now possess the Star Saber. I am certain that you have deduced how these Cybertronian relics and Decepticon weapons came to be found on such a remote world. Indeed, I transported them there. Not so much to keep them far from Megatron's hands, but to ensure that they reach yours. As you may have long suspected, the Covenant of Primus records events of the future as well as the past. My imperfect understanding of its runes affords me a shadowy glimpse of what is to come. The Covenant's pages foretold that you, Optimus Prime, would I know neither the nature of the battle nor its outcome. I only hope that these relics of the ancients will aid the Autobots in your time of need." Alpha Trion explained.

Optimus groaned as the Star Saber stops glowing.

"Easy, Optimus." said Rachet.

Optimus gets back up.

"So, did Alpha Trion asked about me" Smokescreen asked. Bulkhead shoves him aside.

"What was the message?" Bulkhead asked.

"It is paramount that we recover the final four Iacon relics, the Omega keys." Optimus tells them.

"Keys?" Arcee asked.

"To what?" Rachet asked.

"To the regeneration of our home planet." Optimus answered.

Meanwhile, the Decepticon warship flies towards the Moon.

"Earth's moon is a barren rock, is it not?" Dreadwing asked.

"Indeed, Dreadwing. But the Moon is not our destination." Megatron tells him.

The warship flies towards the Space Bridge.

"A Space Bridge." Dreadwing noticed.

"Our very own. Relocated here, after the Autobots discovered it's whereabouts on Earth. The dark side of the Moon is hidden from prying human eyes. And more importantly, well out of the Autobot's reach. Come, Dreadwing. We shall travel to the one place in the galaxy which may provide us with a means of defeating Optimus Prime." said Megatron.

He and Dreadwing transform into jets and flies through the Ground Bridge. Back at the Base, the Autobots are excited about going back to their home planet soon.

"Back your gear, we're going back to Cybertron!" said Bulkhead.

Bumblebee beeps happily. Rachet laughs happily.