30. Darkest Night (M)

Trigger warning: Sexual abuse, Objectification, Obsession, Gore, Violence, Animal harm are mentioned in detail in this chapter and may be very unhealthy for some. Those uncomfortable with the mentioned topics.

Please don't read this.

Anyone below the age of 18 are recommended not to read this chapter.
You have been warned.

 I woke up on my bed startled and feeling excruciatingly tired

I felt so completely worn out as I looked at the blanket stretched over my aching bones and body.

I was not feeling well. I was feeling so horrible. I didn't know if I should feel fear or I should feel heart wrenching grief in my heart. Which kept bothering me from the moment I let myself walk away from Abhimanyu.

I recall the person I was before all the occurrences that had happened in the past year and missed the person I was yet again. Bright with curiosity and life, someone who believed in goodness of the world. Happiness and fairytales.

But now... I was dimmed by the weight of exhaustion. Every movement is slow and heavy, as if dragging myself through molasses.

My thoughts were now a stagnant pool of muddy water, stagnant and devoid of vitality. Each breath feels like a struggle, as if the very act of existing is a burden too heavy to bear.

I didn't find joy in living.
It was like I was being stripped off everything that mattered to me.

One by one.

"Amara." I heard my maa's voice penetrate the air and my thoughts of death.

I lay still on my bed silently. Tears rolling down my eyes as I pursed my lips to not make a single sound.

"Baby, don't cry..." She hushed me with her soft voice as she pushed my hair back. But that just gutted my heart out more. The parents that I had been avoiding for nearly a year.

Putting them through hell. Because of what they did to my older brother were the ones who were beside me when I needed someone.

"Maa..." I spoke softly and yet my voice broke when I looked into my mother's glassy eyes.

"Are you alright?" She asked. It was a simple question. And she knew the answer very well. She knew that I was not well. She knew everything. Always.

"No." I finally accept the truth. The truth that lurked within me. But also shred every piece of my soul. I was not alright.

And I needed help and my family.
I needed answers.
I needed something to cling on to.
I needed a reason to live.

My acceptance was all it needed for my mother to wrap her arms around my head as I placed my head on her chest.