21 - Parties And Other Good Times

Madam Pomfrey let Harry leave a few hours later. He thought about his conversation with Malfoy while he walked to the Gryffindor common room. He prayed that Malfoy hadn't caught on to his home life. It still surprised him that there was a conversation in the first place and he was still slightly doubtful that Malfoy had actually thanked him. It seemed a little too incredible. Maybe Madam Pomfrey's potions had left him a little funny in the head.

He decided not to tell anyone, knowing that Malfoy wouldn't appreciate it. Harry figured if Malfoy had gotten up the guts to actually thank him, then the least he could do was to not blab it to the rest of the school.

He gave the password to the Fat Lady and the portrait swung open. Noise blasted out of the common room as Harry was dragged inside.

"He lives!" yelled Fred who had put an arm around Harry's shoulders. Everyone cheered as Harry walked in.

The common room was jam-packed. Everyone seemed drunk with excitement and joy, and many with Firewhiskey as well. Ron and Hermione raced up to him with huge smiles on their faces.

"How ya feeling mate?" Ron asked.

"Good," he said watching Angelina climb onto the table.

"Hey everyone, now that our Seeker's here, we're going to do the victory drink like we taught you. Come on over guys," she called to Harry, Ron, and Fred. They made their way through the excited crowd to the rest of the team.

Dean had told Angelina about a tradition he had with his football team when they won a Cup. They had a sort of cheer that they sang. He had taught the team and Angelina had vowed that if the Gryffindors won the Quidditch Cup, that the team would do it.

Katie and George brought over the Cup, which was now filled with Butterbeer. Angelina took a long sip and the crowd all sipped their own drinks along with her. She then shouted out, "My name is Angelina and I know what I got!"

Everyone shouted back, "What do you got?"

"I've got a team that's hotter than hot!" she cheered.

"How hot is hot?" everyone else cheered back with glee.

"Batman and Superman!" she laughed loudly.

"Uh huh, uh huh!" sang the crowd.

"No one can do it like, George can!"

With that, she grabbed George's hand and pulled him up. He took the cup from her and took a swig of the Butterbeer as she jumped off the table. He repeated the cheer and the crowd did their part.

"No one can do it like, Katie can!"

He hoisted Katie up on the table, jumping off as she took a drink from the Cup as the rest of the Gryffindor house gulped their own drinks and started the cheer again.

Harry thought people would get sick of it as it went on, but he was happy to see that he was wrong. It seemed that the longer it went on, the more enthusiastic everyone got, drinking their drinks and screaming their part at the appropriate times.

Finally, Ron was on the table, yelling the cheer joyously. Harry was the only one left.

"No one can do it like Harry can!"

Harry reached up and grabbed Ron's hand. Ron pulled him up onto the table and handed him the Cup with a laugh. Harry downed the last of the Butterbeer.

"My name is Harry and I know what I got!"

He finished the cheer with a, "No one can do it like Gryffindor can!" and lifted the cup up high. Everyone broke out into loud cheering and clapping.

He jumped down from the tabletop, handing the Cup to Angelina who hugged it to herself.