Music and chills.

At the entrance to the bar, a crowd of excited teenagers rushed inside. It was easy for the girls to find their way through the mix of teenagers and college students. The music blaring from the speakers was very loud, we could hear everything from the outside. Bubbles was excited and convinced the reluctant Blossom to come along. Inside the room, Buttercup scanned the crowd with her eyes, looking for Mitch. Blossom still sulking, wishing she wasn't there.

« Come on Blossom, smile. It's going to be amazing and
we look so pretty ! » she wrapped her arms around Blossom's arm.

The girls could feel some eyes on them. Blossom was wearing a tight pink dress and black high boots, while Bubbles was in a skirt and crop top. Staying true to herself, Buttercup wore a cargo pants, a t-shirt and leather jacket. Those eyes made her feel... uncomfortable.

« Maybe we can find a boyfriend for Blossom. Maybe a guy at college. » teased Bubbles.

Blossom smiled and rolled her eyes, the first smile of the night.

« I don't need a boyfriend. »

« You scare them, it's different. Come on, let's just have fun, you and I. Buttercup will look for her "boyfriend". » this time Bubbles looked at Buttercup and smiled even more.

« Mitch is not my boyfriend ! » grumbling, Buttercup walked towards the backstage area as Mitch told her to go.

« I didn't say Mitch's name ! Go cheer on your boyfriend ! »

« Who's Buttercup's boyfriend ? » asked a voice.

Bubbles turned her face towards the voice and her face lit up. Boomer was smiling at her.

***

Buttercup saw Mitch, he was talking to someone and, oh God, he looked handsome. His laugh rang in her ears. His back was to her. As she got closer, she noticed that he was talking to Butch and Butch noticed her too. He smiled even more when he saw her face fall. She knew they were starting to hang out together, but she hadn't swallowed the pill yet.

« Buttercup, hello dear.  »

« Screw you. » she replied back.
He laughed and Mitch smiled at her. She bit her lower lip. She didn't want to argue with Butch in front of Mitch.

« I just wanted to say hi before it starts, but I can come back later. »
She didn't even bother to look at Butch. Butch seemed to enjoy her discomfort. He put his arms around Mitch's shoulders.

« My boy's good. He doesn't need your support. »
Mitch broke free of Butch's grip and put an arm around Buttercup's shoulders.

« If she wants to, she can. She's my special guest. »
She didn't answer and grinned haughtily at Butch. Butch put a hand to his chest and said :

« You invited a girl to replace me ? Are you cheating on me ? »
Mitch laughed and let Buttercup go. The latter was disappointed that this contact was so brief...

« M*ron. Don't listen to him, he loves make bad jokes. »

« I noticed that... »

« My jokes are funny, right Butterfly ? »
She showed him her middle finger and that made him laugh.

« Butterfly ? You give each other pet names ? » asked Mitch confused. « I thought you weren't even friends. »

She pointed at him, annoyed.
« This guy decided to call me like that, I have nothing to do with it. »

Mitch rolled his eyes and chuckled.

« Stop calling her like that. »

« Jealous ? If you'd told me earlier that you hated that Butterfly, I would've stopped. » He raised his hands, playing the innocent. Even though his smile betrayed his amusement.