Chapter 44: Broken Blueprint

Kirk's panic mounts as he races through the corridors, his heart pounding in his chest as he searches for Nita. Bursting into her office, he finds her at her desk, her expression a mix of surprise and concern as she meets his frantic gaze.

"Did you tell Sam?" Kirk demands, his voice raw with desperation as he confronts Nita. "Did you betray me?"

Nita's eyes widen in shock at Kirk's accusation, her hands trembling as she tries to process his words. "I...I don't know what you're talking about," she stammers, her voice wavering with uncertainty.

But Kirk isn't convinced, his fear fueling his anger as he looms over her. "Don't lie to me, Nita," he seethes, his voice rising with frustration. "I know you're the only one who could have told her. Did you betray me?"

Nita's silence speaks volumes as she meets Kirk's gaze, her expression unreadable as she weighs her next words carefully. In that moment, the tension between them is palpable, a silent battle of wills as they stand on the precipice of truth and betrayal.

Kirk's hands ball into fists at his sides as Nita's grin only confirms his worst fears. "You did this," he accuses, his voice trembling with a mix of anger and betrayal. "You told Sam everything."

Nita's grin widens, her eyes alight with mischief as she nods in confirmation. "Guilty as charged," she admits with a shrug, her tone unapologetic. "But hey, all's fair in love and war, right?"

Kirk's rage simmers beneath the surface as he struggles to contain his emotions. "How could you?" he demands, his voice cracking with disbelief. "You betrayed me, Nita. You betrayed us both."

But Nita only chuckles, her grin unfaltering as she leans back in her chair. "Call it what you want, Kirk," she retorts, her voice dripping with disdain. Kirk's fists clench tighter as Nita's words cut through him like a knife.

"Don't try to pin this on me, Kirk," she retorts, her tone icy. "This is all on you. Your stupid plan backfired, and now you're reaping what you sowed."

Kirk's jaw tightens as he absorbs Nita's words, a wave of realization washing over him. "You're right," he admits reluctantly, his voice heavy with regret. "Your plan would have worked."

Nita's expression softens slightly at Kirk's acknowledgment, a flicker of sympathy in her eyes. "I had everything under control," she asserts, her tone tinged with frustration. "But then you had to go and ruin it all."

Nita's words hang heavy in the air, each syllable laden with frustration and disappointment. "Sam and Mon had broken up," she reiterates, her voice tinged with exasperation. "But thanks to your reckless plan, they're back together."

Kirk's desperation is palpable as he pleads with Nita for assistance, his voice trembling with fear. "Nita, please," he implores, his words coming out in a rush. "I'm in over my head here. Sam is going to sue me, and I don't know what to do."

Nita's gaze remains steely as she listens to Kirk's pleas, her expression unmoved by his distress. "You brought this on yourself, Kirk," she retorts, her voice cold and unforgiving. "Your plan was never mine to begin with, so don't expect me to clean up your mess."

Kirk's heart sinks at Nita's harsh words, the reality of his situation crashing down on him like a tidal wave. "But I need your help," he insists, his voice desperate. "I'll do anything, just please, don't abandon me now."

But Nita shakes her head, her resolve unyielding as she meets Kirk's gaze. "I told you, Kirk," she says firmly. "You're on your own with this one. Deal with the consequences of your actions like the rest of us."

Nita's words drip with sarcasm as she looks at Kirk, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips. "Well, aren't I just a ray of sunshine?" she quips, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "Fine, I'll give you some advice, but don't expect any miracles."

Kirk's shoulders sag with relief as he hangs on Nita's every word, desperate for any glimmer of hope. "Thank you, Nita," he says, gratitude evident in his voice. "I'll do whatever it takes to make things right."

Nita rolls her eyes, her patience wearing thin as she listens to Kirk's earnest promises. "Save the theatrics for someone who cares," she retorts, her tone cutting. "Just go and grovel at Mon's feet, maybe she'll take pity on you."

Nita arches an eyebrow at Kirk's lingering presence, her expression laced with thinly veiled annoyance. "Well, this has been a blast," she deadpans, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "But I've got a meeting to attend, and I'm sure you've got plenty of groveling to do."

With that, she ushers Kirk towards the door with a dismissive wave of her hand, her patience clearly worn thin. As Kirk shuffles out of her office, Nita can't help but roll her eyes at the mess he's made. Some people never learn, she muses to herself, before turning her attention back to the task at hand.