Chapter 61: Whispers of the Subconscious

As Mon stood before the shore, the memory of her proposal to Sam danced vividly in her mind, casting a warm glow of happiness over her features. The gentle lapping of the waves against the shore seemed to echo the rhythm of her heartbeat as she relived the joyous moment.

But just as the memory threatened to consume her, a distant voice calling her name shattered the tranquility of her reverie. Mon's heart skipped a beat as she turned towards the sound, her brows furrowed with concern.

"Mon," the voice called again, its tone tinged with urgency. With a sense of foreboding gnawing at her gut, Mon's steps faltered as she made her way towards the source of the sound, her mind racing with worry and uncertainty.

With a surge of excitement coursing through her veins, Mon's heart leaped as she caught sight of Sam approaching her. Without hesitation, she rushed forward, enveloping Sam in a tight embrace as soon as she reached her.

"I missed you so much," Mon exclaimed, her voice filled with unbridled joy as she held Sam close. "I've been waiting for you because I knew you'd be back."

With pride evident in her eyes, Sam gently cupped Mon's face, a soft smile playing on her lips. "You did a good job," she praised, her voice filled with admiration. "You found me, and you found the answers you were searching for."

Mon's chest swelled with pride at Sam's words, a sense of accomplishment washing over her. "I'll always keep my promise," she vowed, her voice resolute. "I'll always be where you are."

Sam's smile widened, her gaze filled with love and gratitude. "And I'll wait for you," she replied, her voice filled with unwavering devotion. "Just like you waited for me."

A shiver ran down Mon's spine as she caught the worry in Sam's gaze, her heart pounding with apprehension. "What's wrong?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

Sam's expression grew more troubled as she turned back to Mon, her voice filled with urgency. "You have to come to me as soon as possible," she urged, her tone frantic.

With a heavy heart, Sam's response sent a chill down Mon's spine. "He's here already," she whispered, her eyes filled with fear. "He's waiting for me."

Mon's mind raced with fear as she pressed for answers. "Who is waiting?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"Sam," a distant voice called out in the darkness, Mon's blood ran cold, her worst fears realized in the echoing sound. She knew that whatever lay ahead, she had to act fast to protect Sam from the looming threat.

Mon's breath caught in her throat as she recognized the figure approaching them, her heart pounding in her chest with a mixture of shock and disbelief. "Nop..." she whispered, her voice barely audible as she struggled to comprehend what she was seeing.

With wide eyes, she turned to Sam, her expression a mixture of fear and confusion. "Why is Nop here?" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with disbelief.

As Nop drew closer, Mon's shock turned to a sense of foreboding, her mind racing with questions and uncertainty.

With trembling hands, Sam gripped Mon's tightly, her eyes pleading with Nop for understanding. "Please," she begged, her voice soft but filled with urgency. "Give me more time."

Mon could feel the tension radiating from Sam, her own heart heavy with worry as she watched the exchange unfold. She squeezed Sam's hand in silent support, silently willing Nop to grant Sam's request.

Nop's expression softened slightly at Sam's plea, but his resolve remained firm. "I can't," he replied, his voice firm but tinged with regret. "Time is running out, Sam. You know that."