PART 1

Aubrey's pov

"Mom! I'm leaving," I yelled, so she heard me, wherever she was in this house. She's pregnant, which means she wobbles around like a freaking Teletubby. I found it really funny sometimes. Grabbing the keys off of the island, I walk to the front door struggling to put on my heels in the process.

"Aubrey, honey wait," hearing her struggle down the stairs, she comes into view carrying a laundry basket. "I wanted to tell you good luck. I'm 100% sure you're going to get the job," she smiled, her vivid green eyes glistening with happiness. She was so proud of me for becoming an independent woman. Yet my dad and I still struggled on those terms. In his eyes, I would always be his little girl.

"Thanks, mom. I love you," I hugged her, well more of a side hug due to her tummy, that made me not want kids even more, but I was extremely excited that I was no longer going to be an only child and that I had a brother or sister coming on the way.

Locking the door behind me, I made my way to the gray Nissan. My baby, oh how I loved her, she was my child, the only child I need. Pulling out of the driveway, I felt the anxiety build up inside of me. What if I didn't get the job? Should I back out? No! I have been waiting for so long. I have to do this. If they don't take me, then it's their loss. I can find another company to work for, but I should just try getting this one. They're one of New York's biggest companies.

Pulling up In front of the 72 story building, which had Vanni enterprises written in bold, I made my way in. The whole place was furnished with modern furniture high ceiling, and costly-looking light fixtures. I made my way over to the front desk. "how may I help you," the receptionist sitting behind the desk asked without looking up from the computer. Wow, does this women have a sixth sense or something? She detected me without looking up.

When she did look up, she kept an emotionless glared at me. "well then. what's got her in such a sour mood?"

"Good morning. I have an appointment booked with Mr. Vanni," I replied. She could, in all honestly, use a good morning. Looking back at the computer screen, she tapped a couple of times on her keyboard and in moments, returned her gaze back to me.

"Aubrey Santiago?" I nodded in confirmation, and she stood up. She started to walk to the elevator ushering me to follow.

The 'ding' of the elevator pulled me out of my zoned-out state. As I got in the elevator, I had a really good feeling that she really wasn't fond of me. She was giving me a hardcore stare down during the elevator ride. Her impatient tapping of heels told me she wasn't the one to wait or waste time, so I rushed after her in my black heels as soon as the elevator opened.

The workers around us all wore professional clothes, and I was so thankful mom forced me into the blouse and pencil skirt I did not want to be in. I didn't do anything special with my hair, and it was naturally wavy. Running down my back, it reached mid-waist.

"Here we are; Mr. Vanni will see you now," she opened the door, and I stepped in cautiously, the door shut right behind me. I played with the end of my folder, making my way to the man behind the mahogany desk. He was too engrossed in his work to look up.

I cleared my throat to gain his attention, and it worked. He instantly stood up, looking at me up and down. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights under his dangerous stare.

Holding out his hand, he greeted himself first, "Hi, I'm Adone Vanni, and you are...?" I instantly was taken back by him, his voice sounded like liquid gold, and his eyes held a mischievous gaze, and I could smell his masculine perfume from here. He was hot, very hot, and the way the suit he was wearing molded his body left me awestruck. Sweet Jesus.

My eyes widened in the realization that I had been gawking at him. Shit. I stared up at him and noticed the Cheshire grin he was wearing. I swear by now, my face was beet red.

I saw his hand held out and mentally slapped myself for not introducing myself. Quickly shaking his hand, I spoke. "My name is Aubrey Santiago." I stepped away as he kept staring at me.

He seemed to notice my discomfort and finally speaks "Well, it's nice to finally meet you in person, Miss. Santiago, I've heard a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," I mumbled, fully knowing that he heard me.

"Yes, all good things, have a seat, Miss. Santiago." I took a seat, and he followed after. "So where shall we start? Do you have all the documents I asked you to bring for me?"I handed him my folder that contained all my schooling info, my degrees, passport, and my resume

"Just to let you know, Miss. Santiago, I will have my team do a whole criminal background check on you as I do with all my employees and anyone that works under me just for safety and security reasons. We want you to be aware of that." I nodded.

He took a while to go through the whole folder, and at some point, I could see the shock on his face. I don't blame him. What can I say? I was an academic student back in school.

"This is...astonishing, quite unbelievable, and you went straight into business after high school. I assume that's why you have your masters at such a young age; I don't know what to say you have met all the requirements listed for this job. Miss. Santiago, you can have the job as soon as your criminal is checked and come out clean, which I have no doubt will be clean." he smiled and rose up.

"I'll get my receptionist to give you a call after the check, and we will get you set up for the assistant position, well see you soon Miss. Santiago." he smiled and walked me out, not before sending me a playful wink.

Finally, when I got out, the reality sunk in. Oh my god, he winked at me.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys yeah that was a preview of My desirable CEO(Mate story)

comment below what you think.

-M

Edited