Part 23

You guys!!!

We made quite a bit of ranking with this story!!!

I wanna thank all my supporters, I wouldn't be here without you guys, and thank you for bearing with me and my slow update.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

____________________________

We speak of fear as it is just one of the many feelings one is acquired with, but unfortunately, it is more than that. Fear is a feeling everyone, even the toughest of humans have. Some people possess these feelings so deeply that their fear is considered irrational. In the end, everyone is afraid of something.

James had officially taken over my every waking and unconscious moment. Fear took over my whole mind, body, and soul, leaving me with nothing but a cold dark shell filled with dread. His smirking face stayed embedded deep within my head as his cunning laugh echoed in my ears. He was purely my definition of fear.

My whole dinner passed by in a blur as I was lost in thought. After James had left, mom and Dad showed up not long after. Luca and I managed to come to a silent agreement to avoid speaking of anything that happened in front of my parents. To say our acting skills were good was an overstatement, but to our luck, they seemed to buy into our fake smiles and cheery moods. I was thankful that Luca didn't push any questions throughout dinner, not that I would have been able to answer any of them physically, But I appreciated the space.

The drive back to Luca's house was somewhat soothing, but my worry towards Luca started to grow. I thought that by now, he would have bombarded me with endless questions, but he hadn't opened his mouth for a single second. His grip on the steering wheel was tight, and his eyes were focused dead straight on the road like he was really focusing, but his distant eyes told me a different story. His mind was elsewhere. It seemed as if we both were lost in our thought tonight.

We drove down the busy highway of New York. The streets were lit up most compellingly, and the cars that passed by made the city look alive. Towering buildings littered the city in the distance. This was my scene. I didn't need an ocean view or some sappy scenery to make me happy. This city alone did justice. The lights brought a sense of hope into my Life, signifying that everything would be okay. Even if it was just for a moment, it made me forget my fears; it made me forget James. This city made Life feel timeless, But sadly Life doesn't work that way; the clock still moves, and the only thing left is the time of the past.

My views on Life were biased based solely on what I was feeling right now. I was hurt, angry, and just scared. Life was being a bitch today, throwing curve balls and a shit load of emotions my way. It made me want to crawl into bed and cry while also influencing me to go on a killing spree at the same time.

He inhaled before he spoke, and it sounded like a scream in the thick silence that surrounded us "Brey?" He calls, and I quickly turned my head, caught off guard. The first thing I noticed was the sincerity in his eyes as he looked down at me. Sincerity was a new look on him. I've only ever witnessed him angry, pissed off, and cocky.

"This shouldn't have happened today. I don't know how that fucker got into our territory-" Luca paused, looking at me and back on the road seconds after. His anger was starting to build, and he was trying to control it the best he could, but before I knew it, his hand banged on the steering wheel hard. I felt the car swerve a little, but he quickly gained control of it before anything could happen. "Shit! Sorry." he apologized.

I just nodded. It was an understandable reaction, he was an animal after all, and it was his natural instinct to lash out. I just stayed calm and collected, but that was the total opposite of what was happening internally.