Part 24

Miss me? I am back and ready to write my heart out.

Btw I need another show to start this summer any really good shows out? Leave a comment and tell me what your favourite show is.

__________________________

Luca's Pov

"I can't fucking believe it, so you're telling me now that you've basically been following a false lead for the past week?! Unbelievable, Un-fucking-believable! I wasted so many resources so that you could run around like headless chickens?" I was furious, one whole damn week, and this is the shit I get, that fucking James could be anywhere, and here my best trackers and my military captain weren't getting anywhere. Heads turned in our direction, but it took one look from me before they went back to doing what they were

"With all due respect, Alpha, we are doing everything we can to catch him. There is just something very... unnatural going on. It's like every time we are close; he just slips through our fingers. I have a feeling that we are dealing with something much more serious than we are lead on by." I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What are you going on about, colonel?" I asked.

"Follow me," he said and started to walk towards the doors out of my office and the conference room where all meetings regarding the pack were held. As he opened the door and let me through, I walked to the massive conference table in the center of the room where lied a map of what looked like the Atlantic coast of America, among that was hundreds of red markings all over. Before I could ask, he spoke. "Sir, I'm beginning to think we have a bigger problem than we are anticipating." He said quietly. I felt the nervousness radiating off of him. As an alpha, I was able to feel when my pack members were distressed.

"What happened colonel, what did you find?" I asked,

"Alpha, do you see all these red markings, those are all the spots James has been tracked to, but that isn't physically possible. There are too many markings and get this, as soon as we even get close to these marking they completely disappear-" before he could continue, I stopped him.

"What do you mean they, there's more than one?" He nodded.

"Yes, Alpha, but I don't think these wolves belong to a pack; they are definitely rouges." Something clicked in my head, and I spoke.

"Colonel, the night that James attacked, no one even knew he was in our territory. Maybe they're masking their trace with something," The colonel's eyebrows furrowed, and he looked confused.

"Theirs only one way to check we need a sample of his DNA, anything like a hair or blood. Do you think you might have those clothes that you wore that night? Maybe we can send them to the lab and find something?" He suggested, and I nodded before walking towards the doors. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Colonel, let's make sure this chat stays between us. I don't want the pack worried for no reason if this information is false. Only tell the people that need to know about this." He nodded, and I walked out. A million thoughts were running through my mind regarding this and work. I should call Greyson and tell him about this.

He picked on the third ring. "Luca?" He asked.

"Greyson, we have a problem. We might have a rouge infestation," I told him.

"What do you mean?" He seemed so confused, and I decided I would just tell him in person."

"James is a bigger threat than we anticipated. Meet me at the packed house in 2 hours after I check on Aubrey. I'll tell you the details," I said before cutting the call and getting into my truck.

_______________________

Aubrey Pov

One whole week and I was finally falling into a regular routine. I would wake up early before Luca, whose bedroom was two doors down at the end of the hall. I would then work out in the spacious indoor gym; after that, I would grab some much-needed coffee and go to work. I spent this week working long overtime hours because no one was at the house, and I just wanted to keep my mind preoccupied and focused. You could say I was turning into a whole new person, but I was just trying to escape my demons.

I got into my car before checking my phone for the time 8:23. Luca disapproved of my overtime, but I just started my speech about feminism and women equality and how I was an independent woman who could make my own decisions. Needless to say, I won the argument... I think. I just took his eye roll and his walking away as defeat.

Luca and I had both been really busy with work, and I had only run into him three times in this past week. Luca was also was putting all their efforts into finding James. He spent most of his time at the pack property dealing with the people over there.

I've lately had this bizarre feeling associated with Luca, it was there since the start, but it has recently been more strange. It's like whenever I'm around him, my stomach is doubling over even when he glances at me when we're watching tv, or when we pass each other in the hallway. I get so nervous, and I don't know how to control it. I think it started when we shared the kiss against the door.

My phone rang, pulling me out of my thoughts. I answered without checking the caller ID.

"Hello," I spoke out loud, so the person on the other end could hear me over the traffic on the road.

"Hey, are you driving?" His voice even sounded hot over the phone.

"Yeah, you're on speaker, and my phone is connected to my car, so I'm not driving distractedly," I replied, fully aware he was going to address my safety.

"Okay, do you know how far you are? When will you be home?" he asked.

"In like 20 minutes, give or take, what's up," I asked curiously.

"Nothing, I just got home. I'm about to hit the gym. Did you do 'overtime' today too?" He asked, but it seemed like he was just mocking me.

I laughed before answering. "you have a problem with that? I think I have to remind you of my speech earlier this week." before I could say anything, he stopped me.

"No, not that again, I get it. Now stop being distracted and focus on driving. Come home safely okay, I missed you today." My heart melted at that statement. I smiled. He missed me.

"I missed you too. I'll talk to you when I get home." I was still smiling and couldn't believe he said that.

"be safe." I ended the phone seconds after. I couldn't stop smiling at what he said. I felt like a giddy high school girl.

Luca was doing something to me, I didn't know what it was, but I felt it. I wanted this to last. I didn't want to resist anymore; I wanted to give it my all.

______________

As promised I am giving out shootouts.

@_Divlive_

@AfiyaKhan5

@Andreaipaz

@Flower_422

@Madrickky

@Rosely101

@Latinacookie90 

I read all of your comments and try to interact with you in the best way possible. I like connecting with my readers.

Keep showing me the love and support. Thank you.

Like. Comment. Forward

                                                              ~M