Part 5

Hi guys 

__________________________________

Mate!

I was transfixed on her, and by the looks of it, she felt the same way. Her eyes poured into mine, and I could help but notice they were full of life. I had never known that creatures such as her existed. She was so cunningly beautiful that it was hard to look away from her. I felt fear creeping in, knowing that her beauty was rare and that it may not be safe for her to be in the real world surrounded by men.

As I observed her more, I realized she wasn't a wolf but instead a human. Her reflexes were slower, and her scent didn't hold the distinct smell of my kind. Surprisingly I wasn't bothered that she wasn't a wolf. I was actually glad that she would be my little damsel in distress, and she would need me to protect her. What was wrong with me? Why were these weird thoughts going through my head? It felt as if I was not in control of my thoughts and feelings.

I couldn't bring myself to look away, no matter how hard I tried. Her eyes were a vivid and bright gray colour with a tint of green. The green was so subtle that an ordinary human wouldn't be able to detect the colour, but I could.

It felt like an eternity was passing us by as we kept our eyes fixed on each other. It wasn't until I was pulled out of my trans by a man greeting me that I was brought back to reality.

I tried to focus on the man with grey hair and a kind smile, but all I could feel was her intense gaze behind me. I could feel her burn into me like a brand, and I couldn't help my heart from speeding up. What was going on with me? I never got nervous or ever felt anxious. It felt weird, yet I invited in the unfamiliar feeling of the unknown.

After mindlessly spending minutes talking to the man, I looked back and her. Shockingly enough, our gazes met again, and I was sucked into her tranquillizing eyes.

This time it wasn't I who looked away, but her. The individual beside her had been trying to grab her attention, and he had finally succeeded. As I looked to observe who the individual, I was shocked by the sight in front of me.

Wait! Adone?!

What the hell.

I felt my anger rise to the surface at the thought of Adone even being close to her?

She belonged to me. She was Mine!

She glanced at me one more time, and she went back to talking intimately with that bastard beside her.

It bothered me, it bothered me when she engaged in a conversation with him, it bothered me when she laughed at his jokes, and it especially bothered me when he nudged her. That was the last straw.

I walked to where they were sitting. Although I was fuming, I decided to keep my cool on, just so that I don't act up, because first impressions were key, and I needed to woo her. As I sat in the empty seat beside her, neither one of them acknowledged me. Instead, they were in a heated conversation about Olive Garden.

I cleared my throat, and she turned around.

"Hey, beautiful," I smirked, knowing what this face did to girls.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a clippy tone like she'd instead be talking to anyone else but me. Was I missing something?

'okay, not expecting that.'

I had no comeback 'what the hell is wrong with me!' for the second time in my life, I was speechless. Taking my silence as a 'no,' she turned back to face Adone. God, that fucker was going to get it. She's mine and only mine.