LOVE'S GAME - SPECIAL CHAPTER

NICO

"Can you explain yourself, Lorenzo? Why on earth would you let a negro enter my home?" I voiced my anger at him.

"My apologies, sir, but the decision wasn't mine. If I had any say in the matter, I would've prevented her from coming," he interjected.

"Interrupt me again and you're out of a job," I threatened, pacing across the floor of my room.

"Sir, I beg you to reconsider. I need this job. She was sent over from the UEFA headquarters. I had no control over it. Each volunteer received their assignment, and by some unfortunate twist of fate, she was sent here, to your place," he retorted, his last word dripping with sarcasm.

"Are you finding this amusing, eh, Hijo de puta?" I glared at him, my face a mask of fury.

"Lo siento, señor (I'm sorry, sir)," he responded, his head lowered in submission.

"Apologies won't rectify the situation. I want her out immediately. Make it happen," I commanded, my tone harsh.

"I will, sir, but it's going to take some time. We don't want her running to them claiming this has anything to do with, um..." he trailed off, avoiding my gaze.

"Get to the point," I ordered.

"If they inquire why you sent her away, what will your response be, sir? Accusations of prejudice due to her skin color? That would be, um... racist," he ended his sentence reluctantly.

He was correct. I couldn't just discard her without a second thought. I needed to consult with Coach Manuel to devise a strategy.

"Oh Dios (Oh God), what a mess," I grumbled, gazing out at the cityscape from my two-story penthouse.

Regrettably, I had no option but to tolerate this predicament for the time being.

"Alright," I conceded after a while. "Guide her through her duties, help her get accustomed," I finally instructed Lorenzo, who nodded and disappeared hastily.

The stress was beginning to take its toll. First, it was the incessant tabloids and now I had an outsider under my roof. My day was thoroughly spoiled.

Exhausted, I collapsed onto my bed, shutting my eyes to steal a quick nap. I had a party to attend later in the evening, so a brief rest was needed.

For a while, at least, I could escape the harsh reality that was staring me in the face.

After what seemed like five hours, I got up and went straight to take a shower. It was already seven in the evening, and I had to leave for the party by nine. I swiftly dialed Lorenzo's number.

"Good evening, sir. How may I assist you?" his voice came through the phone.

"Inform my driver and security team that I'll be leaving by nine. I'm attending a party at Pacha nightclub later tonight," I said, rather nonchalantly.

"Yes, sir. I'll ensure everything is in order," he replied.

A thought crossed my mind to ask him about the new chef, but I dismissed it. I simply didn't care.

All I needed was a distraction, and that was what I planned to find tonight. I headed to the bathroom with a smirk on my face, anticipating the night ahead.

After bathing and getting dressed, I descended the stairs to my living room. Lorenzo was already at the entrance, flanked by four of my bodyguards.

"Buenas noches, jefe" (Good evening, boss), they greeted me.