Brother's Plan

Chapter 15:

(Henry POV)

I held onto her knowing that was the only thing I could do. It didn't feel like enough. I wanted to ask her more but, that clearly didn't work yesterday and I didn't want a repeat of her bawling her eyes out again. "Henry, I want to leave. I want to leave now." Clio whimpered as she looked up at me. I hadn't seen her this scared since Andrew. I wanted to pull her in closer but, that seemed to scare her even more. She didn't want to leave yesterday and I can't help but feel relieved that she changed her mind but, what caused her to change her mind? I couldn't focus on that. I nodded down to her, "Alright, I'll talk to the other two and we will get you out of here tonight." I went to move away but she put a hand on my arm, "Don't leave just yet." I wrapped my arms around her again, "I'll stay as long as you want me to."

Later in the morning as our other brothers woke up they looked to Clio and saw her in my arms. She had fallen back asleep and I didn't want to move to wake her up. "Do you know..." Issac started but I shook my head. "She didn't tell me but, she did mention something else" I looked between the two of them, "she wants to leave tonight." "What?" Elijah whisper yelled. "Something had to happen last night she would never leave early without telling Ja-" He stopped himself. Was it the James person Clio had mentioned to me that day at the lake? It didn't matter. What mattered was that something happened to our little sister las night and we had to get her out before it could happen again. "Elijah we all know what Clio said but she has changed her mind. And honestly it might be for the best that she leaves now. Mother is not showing any signs of backing off any time soon. We have to do what is best for her," Elijah let out a breath and nodded before turning to Issac, "Make sure that it is ready tonight." He nodded, "Of course, I'll arrange everything and if I can I'll take her there tonight myself." We all nodded. Clio began to stir in my arms as she turned to face all of us. "Clio?" Elijah began to speak, "I want to leave." She whispered. He nodded, "We know. Are you sure that is what you want?" She nodded her head, "Just tell him for me." Elijah nodded, "Yeah we'll make sure he knows." "It is going to take the day for me to get everything together but, we can have you out of here tonight," Issac spoke softly. "A-Alright. I will make sure I have everything ready." She stood up and that is when I started seeing the bruises on her wrist. The others saw them too because Elijah started, "Clio..." but I shook my head. We just got her to start talking again and we needed to be focused. But, if I ever found out who did this to her... I sighed when I realized I was clenching my fists and stood up, "We'll give you some space." We all stood up and left.

We went into the hallway and I tried to hear her in her room but, I couldn't hear anything. I turned to face the others, "I'm not sure who I want to kill first. Whoever did that to Clio or Mother." I stalked off needing to cool off. I would arrange a way for Clio to get out tonight so that no one would see her but, right now I needed to calm down. I went out to the stables and made sure that the horses were saddled up and ready to ride. Clio and potentially Issac would be riding out tonight and they needed to be able to saddle up and ride out.

(Elijah POV)

Seeing Clio like that reminded me of that night and it twisted knots into my stomach. I had a sneaking suspicion on who it was. There was only one person who was stalking around Clio who could hurt her and scare her like that, Prince Edward. He was really pushing for the alliance and marriage last night and I felt guilty whenever I thought about what happened on that walk that led to this.

I came back to Clio's room a few hours later. I knocked on the door and came in to see her sitting on her bed. Not really moving just staring down at her lap. I sat down next to her, "Hey, do you feel like talking now?" She shook her head and was looking at her lap. She had a small envelope in her hands, "I-I don't know what to write him." She looked up at me. "Well what do you want him to know?" She opened and closed her mouth, "I just don't think I will be able to tell him when I see him." I nodded, "That's ok, Clio. You don't have to tell him anything." She shrugged, "I want him to know." I continued to sit next to her and I thought about what I could do. She was desperate to leave but, she didn't want to leave him behind. I groaned as I ran my hand through my hair, "What if, if he sends for you I will make sure the message goes to you and not here. That way you can join him in Enchancia." Her eyes widened, "I thought it was too dangerous, that Mother would..." "I will take care of Mother." She nodded before saying, "When." I was confused, "What do you mean?" She looked me in the eyes, "You said if he sends for me. It is not if, it's when. I know that he is going to send for me." I nodded. I didn't know how she was so confident about this and I hoped she was right, or else that prince will have three angry brothers to answer to, but nodding felt like the right thing to do. I looked out the window and saw that it was getting dark, "I have to go distract Mother. Issac will be here soon to help you leave. Make sure you have everything that you are going to bring."