Author's Note and Thank You

I would like to say thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read The Queen of Aramdeau. I tell myself that I am writing for its own sake, but if we are really honest, there is no better feeling than seeing a new comment or seeing those reads tick up one by one. Thank you so much for all your kind and encouraging words; they truly transform the experience of writing and make it that much more fun.

I cannot believe The Queen of Aramdeau is finally complete! I wrote it in a whirlwind that felt like a fever dream. For about two months, it completely occupied my every thought.

Normally I am the type of person who has to have music or an audiobook playing whenever my mind is unoccupied, but for the entirety of February and March of this year, whenever I was walking, exercising, doing the dishes, cooking, etc., I was in a Queen of Aramdeau trance; imagining conversations, letters, plot twists, dresses and food. (I wonder if my family noticed me totally zoning out all spring?)

In a lot of ways I feel my writing has improved, but there is a massive amount still to learn. If you felt shy about giving constructive criticism elsewhere in the comments, please feel free to leave it here, or just tell me what you thought generally about the book!

Personally, I feel like the ending was a bit rushed (I do this with everything I write; I get impatient to see the end!) and I really ought to have given more Charles' POV chapters, and definitely some more Nicole and Tom development!

I cannot say it enough: thank you, thank you, thank you for reading The Queen of Aramdeau.