(13) GRATITUDE OF GRANDSIRE

The war had started

The war had started. Nine days had been passed. Numerous soldiers had been killed, but no outcome had been derived till now. The war was seeming a never ending saga of the era.

Grandsire Bhishma was the commander in chief of Kauravs' side. He had the boon of living till the time he wished, and he had taken pledge of security of throne of Hastinapur. Since Dhritarashtr was the king grandsire was tied to Kaurav brothers and to their selfishness, unwillingly.

Grandsire was undefeated in battle field, but he had a past which was meant to be the reason of his death, indirectly.

Once upon a time grandsire had abducted three princesses of Kashi for making them get marry with his brother Vichitravirya. Amba, The eldest among the princess was in love with some other prince. Grandsire let her go to her lover with all respect, but she blamed him for ruining her life after her lover returned her to Hastinapur.

She demanded to marry him, but he couldn't do so. He had taken another pledge of celibacy for whole life. So, she too had taken pledge of punishing him by being his deaths even if she needed to take birth after birth for that.

Shrikhandi, one among the brothers of Draupadi was rebirth of princess of Amba. I suggested to make Shrikhandi go ahead for fulfilling his birth purpose. So, it was decided that Shrikhandi would be with Parth on his chariot, and would stand in front of grandsire for making him put his weapon down, surrendering himself to the arrows of Dharma.

"Madhav, what fault grandsire had done to meet this consequence?" The question had been suppressed in Parth's mind.

"He had no wrong intention towards princess Amba, but he shouldn't go for abduction on behalf of his brother. Representation should be rightful, and being representative of someone in case of life decision could never be right," I explained the particular point where grandsire was wrong.

"If princess Amba was fully right then why couldn't she as Shrikhandi could defeat grandsire? Why my contribution had become necessary in this case?" I appreciated Parth's curiosity as it was related to importance of his contribution. He should know the reason.

"Princess Amba wasn't fully right either, Parth. Revenge could never be right. Punishment to culprit should be granted on the basis of righteousness. Shrikhandi had only revenge in heart. That was why your contribution had become necessary who held righteousness in his heart," being a troubled woman could never justify anything wrong done by that woman. That was the fact in case of princess Amba.

"How did I represent my life, Madhav?" Parth handed me the task of evaluating his representation of life.

"You represented your life claiming the reins of obstacles on the rough way of your life leading it with pure optimism. You had done the best," placing an assured hand on his shoulder, I let him know my answer.

"Do you believe that I can execute the plan about tomorrow?" He was worried for tomorrow, and the woe of his heart kept wounded him by and by.

"Do you have doubt over yourself?" I too returned a question.

"I am getting drown in unheard groans of grandsire which would be caused by my arrows," he closed his eyes tightly imagining the terrible.

"Yes, his painful groans was unheard. No one ever had cared to lend an ear towards it. He had been supporting the wrong and had been suffering due to that. His helplessness had turned into the greatest pain of his life. Tomorrow you are going to bring peace back to him," my words made him realise what life had woven for grandsire to go through.

Parth nodded at me slowly and sorrowfully.

"Do listen his goans tomorrow, carefully. You will get to hear the gratitude towards your arrows being dominant in his groans rather than the grief of getting injured," through my calm smile, I caressed him, virtually, making him feel a soothing vibe.

Next day Parth with help of Shrikhandi made grandsire lay down on the bed of arrows. Like I told he was so much pleased meeting peace after such a long time. Grandsire's peaceful smile on bed of arrows had announced the completion of one phrase of war.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏