(15) THE LAST PILLAR

Guru Dron, the second commander in chief of Duryodhan's army had died on the next day of Jayadrath's death

Guru Dron, the second commander in chief of Duryodhan's army had died on the next day of Jayadrath's death. After that Angraj Karn was chosen to be the next commander in chief.

The brief introduction of Karna was he was the greatest opponent of Parth. He had the craze of being the best archer of the world, but Parth with his virtues had acquired that position.

After that Karna had only one mission, and that was proving himself as the best archer by killing Parth. Hence, the last day of his attempt had arrived.

It was eighteenth day of war. Both the opponents were determined either to meet the end or to achieve the end.

Karna had hurt morale of Parth reminding him of the sacrifice of Ghatotkach, son of bhrata Bheem for the purpose of saving Parth from Shakti Ashtra which Karna got from Lord Indra. Parth was in guilt. Later, he chose to respect Ghatotkach's sacrifice rather than crying for him.

Karna had launched a weapon on which a serpent named Aswasena was sitting to made poisonous attack on Parth. Parth wasn't prepared for that. So, I had to press the wheel of chariot in his defense.

He was a kind of demotivated over that incident, but I made him understand that his unpreparedness was his care and condolence for Ashwasena's loss remembering the time when Khandav forest was burnt down.

However, crossing all the obstacles which meant to crash his confidence, Parth was standing in front of Karna for a duel.

The duel started. Both started to face each others' attacks.

"This opponent should be killed by any celestial weapon, Parth. Summon the best one for him," I looked at back, suggesting Parth with seriousness.

"I am not saying to summon celestial weapon, because he can't be defeated by any other weapons. The reason is his death is going to be resulted out of two celestial curses," I spoke again after seeing a surprised Parth since he had decided not to use celestial weapons in the war.

He became more surprised at the mention of celestial curses which made me go ahead for explaining the background story.

"Lord Parshuram, the greatest brahmin, the teacher of Karna had cursed him to forget his teaching in time of urgent need since Karna had hided his identity near him. Lord Parshuram is a celestial person being the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu," I revealed the first curse Karna had got.

"Even, Karna had curse from a brahmin for killing his calf. The brahmin cursed him that in one of the most important war of life his chariot would get stuck to the earth. So, celestial weapon is necessary for justifying celestial curses," It was the second curse Karna had earned in his lifetime.

As soon as I completed narrating the dark history of his life, Karn's chariot got captured by earth, and he came down to took that out.

"It's the best time, Parth. Utilize the opportunity," this time my suggestion shocked Parth.

"He's standing on earth. According to fair rules of war a warrior who's on chariot can't attack on a pedestrian. This rule had lost its importance long ago, but Karna hadn't broken any rules in his leadership. How could I be unfair with him, Madhav?" managing his chocked voice at reminiscence of Abhimanyu, Parth cleared his point of view to me.

"Karna never had favoured Dharma, consistently. The follower of dharma doesn't allow these much fluctuations in his life. Karna followed Dhram when his situation had favoured him," I made Parth realise the fact about Karna that he had fallen down in eyes of righteousness many times, majorly. Insulting Draupadi and supporting unfair attack on Abhimanyu were two major downfalls of his life.

"Righteousness asks loyalty, and it's not like an affairs in which your loyalty will appear anytime you wish. So, don't consider anything from his side which will prevent you from marking his end. For Duryodhan's defeat this last pillar of his overconfidence should be collapsed," Parth raised bow in a gradual pace gripping inspiration of greater good from my words.

His arrow achieved the end meant for that, and the last pillar of Duryodhan's fake strength fell down lifeless.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏