Chapter 19 - Mission: Freedom

A million thoughts run through my head. A part of me doesn't believe it, I mean, why should I believe a guy that knocked me out and is keeping me locked up? But there's the other part, my human part that is screaming that Josh already lied or didn't tell me the whole truth before. This wouldn't be the first time.

Instead of what I expected: a smirk on the guy's lips, I saw worry. But why would he worry or feel guilty for me? He's the one keeping me hostage. If he wants to feel sorry for me, he might as well let me go.

"What's your name?" I ask, my tone sounding more broken than I wanted it to sound. Even though I already asked him, he didn't give me an answer, just 'you're not in a position to ask questions' talk. He now looks annoyed and bored again.

"What's your plan? I mean, now, what happens now? You try to escape and fail miserably because of the high tech system we have installed and all the guards patrolling the area?" He asks.

This takes me aback, I didn't consider how I would escape, but somehow I knew that I would. I don't know how to answer him so I stay quiet, trying to plan an escape route and studying the area.

"Well? What did you come up with?" He asks, now his signature evident smirk on his features after around 2 minutes of me walking around the room and looking through the barred window and listening what's behind the door.

I turn my attention to him, placing my hand on my hip.

"You're not exactly in a position to talk, are you?" I ask, nodding at the gun I'm holding in the other hand. He presses his lips together at my comeback. I smile to myself at how I used his own words against him.

I walk up to the window, seeing as it's starting to rain. I watch the rain drops sliding down the glass as I start to think about my escape again.

I turn around as I get an idea. "I won't ask again, what's your name?" I ask him. He smiles at me, keeping quiet.

"You think that's funny, do you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow because of how pathetic he's being.

"Children..." I mumble after the pause aiming it at him but saying it more to myself.

After more walking around I decide it's time to take action. Darcy needs me and I need to speak to Josh and I'm unable to mindlink him because of the silver they clearly injected into my bloodstream. It stops my wolf from emerging or at least makes it a lot harder to.

"Alright then, Barry." I start, raising the gun in the guys direction again. He looks at me weirdly and doesn't seem affected by the gun at all.

"Barry?"

"Yes."

"Who's Barry?"

"You."

"What?"

I roll my eyes at him before answering again. "Your name is now Barry, is it so hard to understand? I have to call you something-"

"But-" He interrupts and I stop him.

"Shut up and listen. I have to get home and I'm not asking for your opinion about it. I don't care who you work for, you either help me or you die." I say simply and sternly.

His face is blank for a moment and I almost think he's seriously considering what I said until he bursts out laughing.

I blink, not understanding his reaction. My confusion seems to make him laugh even more.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows, still holding the gun in front of his head and even adjusting it better.

"You-" He starts but doesn't finish the sentence because another burst of laughter escapes his lips.

"You wouldn't- you wouldn't shoot me." He finally finishes. I give him a deadly glare now wondering why he would say that to me.

"I wouldn't?" I ask which sets him off again. He nods at my question though.

"You're underestimating me."

I watch as he rubs his temples, trying to calm himself down. Meanwhile I make sure to hold my cold stare. Once I get tired with him, I lower the gun aiming at his leg and pull the trigger.

There's a loud bang and then silence as he clutches onto his leg. He shouts out in pain rather loudly as blood dribbles to the floor.

"Fukin' whore, bitch, slag-" He hisses in pain.

"Want another?" I ask in a challenging way before he can think of more things to call me, reloading my gun for the effect. He gives me a glare, still holding onto his leg, trying to stop the blood loss.

"You're crazy." He growls at me.

I look at the imaginery watch on my wrist and then back at him with a bored expression. "I don't have time to mess around and now neither do you. Judging by the location of the bullet, you have approximately 3 hours until you die if the wound is not taken care of by a doctor and the bullet removed. You help me escape and in return I save your life by taking you with me and getting you to a doctor from my pack. If you're lucky we might not put you in the cells... Even though you'll have to debate on that one with my mate." I tell him.

His breathing is becoming heavy but he'll be fine for a few hours if I take the bullet out. That is if he agrees to co-operate. He closes his eyes and rests his head on the wall. He's frowning from the pain.

"My name is Kai." He breathes.

I play with my hair by twisting it around my finger as I expect more information from him but he doesn't say anything else. I turn around to the door and aim it at the lock.

"Wait! What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm getting out of here." I reply.

"Without me?"

"Well yeah?" I say, now concentrating on which place to hit the lock so the door opens. It's sturdy so I can't just kick it open.

"But you said-"

"I said I would if you help me and you haven't, Barry!" I say, frustrated that he's distracting me.

Before he can say anything else, I shoot the gun at the lock causing a piece to fall down to the floor. It bounces a few times and the metal sound echoes through the room.

"You won't get out on your own. You don't know where you are and which way to go to get out of here." He says, gesturing the place we've been in.

I hesitate but then realise he's right. I let a loud breath out as I walk towards him. I uncuff him.

"You try anything, Barry and you're dead. Understand?" I ask him.

"Kai." He hisses at me. I take that as a yes.