Chapter 22 - Home, Sweet Home

I'm sitting on the rocking chair by the conservatory, a sobbing Darcy laying on me, getting my shoulder wet.

"You- were- g-gone!" She cries. Words can't explain how much I missed her and how worried I was about her. I know that doesn't make sense because she was safe and I was the one that wasn't but I just was.

"Yes, I was but you still had daddy." I say, trying to get her to see she wasn't alone in the situation.

There's a long pause as she doesn't say anything but the sobs begin to die down. She gets up, wiping her eyes and she looks at me. "Daddy was worried about you."

I nod at her. "I know."

"He didn't go sleep." She carries on and I don't know what to answer her with.

"Darcy? How about you go play with grandma?" I ask, spotting Rebecca - Josh's mum - walking into the room.

Darcy looks around, suddenly happy again as she jumps off my lap. I notice Rebecca squint at the mention of 'grandma'.

"Ah yes, that's me. God... I do feel old..." She says with a chuckle and I laugh a little at her.

When they're gone, I give off a loud sigh. Josh is upstairs in the conference room, sorting out a new territory guard system with the Betas and Deltas. As for Kai, a pack doctor is sorting him out.

Somebody randomly sits on my lap, someone very heavy. I jump at little but then notice it's a grinning Lewis.

"Uuh, Lewis get off you're crushing me with your fat ass!" I moan, pushing him off. He laughs at me and I was being totally serious.

"I see who rose from the dead!" He exclaims. I raise an eyebrow on that comment. May I add, this is the first time he's seen me since I went missing.

"Lewis, it's not funny..." I say, half serious, half not.

"Yeah... I know, sorry. So what happened?" He asks, turning more serious.

I shrug. "I was out by the lake and someone pressed some drug around my mouth and I guess I blacked out. Next thing I know I'm locked up."

"Why? Why you?" He asks.

"I don't know... That's the mystery." I reply. As soon as I'm able to see Kai, I'm going to find everything out.

"You'll figure it out and if not you then Josh will. Speaking of which, I'm officially assigned to be your personal guard." He says, quite happily.

"Woah... That's quite surprising. The last time I checked, you two wern't friends."

"That was before I found my mate, catch up darling." He replies with a wink.

I smile at that. "I'm sure your mate wouldn't appreciate you calling me 'darling'. Anyway, how is she?" I ask.

"Amazing in bed." Says Lewis casually. I roll my eyes, making sure it's exagerated.

"Is her opinion mutual?" I ask, smirking at him.

It takes him a moment to realise what I meant but when he does, he quickly grabs me by my legs and swings me roumd his back. We're both laughing loudly as I slap him on his back for him to put me down. This might be dangerous for the child.

"Okay, okay, can you put me down now?" I ask and to my surprise he does what I ask him. Usually he'd do the opposite just to piss me off.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I say as soon as my feet touch the ground.

"Okay, I'm coming with you." He says, starting to follow me.

I spin round to face him, frowning. "Erm, what?"

"I'm your guard, I've been ordered not to leave you out of my sight." He answers.

"That's cool but I'm going to go pee and the person that ordered you to watch me wouldn't appreciate you seeing me do that. Neither would I." I argue.

"Don't go to see him." I can tell he's trying to be stern with me but he just can't keep a straight face.

"Yes, sir." I smile at him, going on my tip toes to kiss him on the cheek. I reach to pat him in that same area with my hand twice, quite hard. "Shave."

He pushes my hand away with a disgusted, frowning face. I smile to myself as I walk up the stairs in the direction of the bathroom, Lewis walking after me. Then instead of the bathroom, I walk to the conference room, Lewis still following me, not speeding up the pace. I think he knew exactly what and where I would really go and just accepted my stuborness.

As I open the door, I put my poker face on and make my way towards Josh. The few people that are there bow their heads at me and I bow back, continuing my walk. There are some plans and notes on the table which look like hours of work. I wrap my hand with Josh's and pull him up.

"Take a break guys, have some tea or something. The Alpha is needed." I smile at them. I walk past Lewis who is leaning against the doorframe, shaking his head at me but grinning.

I lead Josh to our room and push the door shut.

"What? He asks and I answer him, pressing my lips on his. He responds wasting no time and pushes me against the wall, kissing the life out of me. I missed his lips so much...

"Josh..." I say, at the same time he's moved from my lips to my neck, now running his tongue along my mark. That's it, a loud moan escapes my lips as he begins biting on it.

After a few more seconds he stops and kisses me again but this time less agressively.

"Josh?" I try grabbing his attention again.

"Hm?" He mumbles, trailing kisses down my neck. I wait till he's stopped until I start talking again.

He's now looking at me, waiting to hear what I have to say. I take his hand, moving it to my stomach.

"I'm pregnant." I whisper. A smile spreads across his lips as he presses his hand with more pressure onto my lower stomach.

"Is the baby okay though?" He asks me, suddenly full of concern.

"Yes, we're fine." I reply, reassuringly.

"Do you think it's a boy? I have a feeling it's going to be a boy." He says.

I smile at him. "Maybe." Even though I had a feeling it would be another girl.

*UNEDITED
Extra bonus chapter because I was in the car for ages so I got to writing.
And it's a Sunday which means we're coming back to a schedule.
-A