𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

The moment Sunjae woke up, the sharp pain on his left shoulder was noticable. His whole left arm was in a cast... He must've been through surgery. Last time he remembered before passing out was that his dad and the doctors were telling him they were going to do an operation on him as immediate as possible since his condition was an emergency.

Sunjae tried sitting up from his bed to be halted by a weight on his right hand.

It was Baek Inhye.

She was holding his hand while he was asleep, that she herself fell alseep. She had leaned her head onto her arms like a pillow. She must have come here from after school as she was still wearing her uniform, but it was not wet like yesterday's since she had dived in for him.

If only he had his left arm free... He would run his hand over her hair as it fell onto her face.

With a smile that quickly turned pained as he sat, Sunjae slowly lied down on his back again. He closed his eyes, slowly drifting to sleep, hoping he would dream of her.

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧
"

Inhye-ya..." Sunjae's dad whispered as he tapped her on her shoulder. She slowly woke up, and noticed it was already dark out.

"Oh, Uncle..." Inhye yawned, "What time is it now?"

"It's almost eight. Visiting hours would be over soon. I got permission to stay since I'm a family member, but you should get home before it gets even more dark." Sunjae's dad worried.

"Okay," Inhye slowly rose up to find that her hand was still holding Sunjae's. Her heart warmed at the sight, but slowly she became sad.

"Get well soon, Sunjae-oppa..." Inhye whispered and looked at him sadly as she followed his dad out.

In front of the room, Sunjae's dad scratched his head. His face looked just like everyone close to Sunjae, worried and tired.

"Thank you, Inhye-ya. If it weren't for your quick thinking, Sunjae would be far worse than now."

"It's not all me, Uncle..."

"Still," Sunjae's dad breathed, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Thank you."

Inhye nodded with a small smile.

"And... Just call me Abeoji, OK?"

Inhye's breath choked, heart warming.

"Okay... Abeoji." She smiled.

"I've called Inhyuk-ie so he can walk you home. Stay safe, Inhye-ya."

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

"Inhye-ya, you alright?" Inhyuk asked as she saw her blank face as they walked. He had picked her up after band practice. He knew Inhye wad looking over Sunjae the whole day.

"Eung, I'm fine." Inhye answered, "Just a bit tired."

"How's Sunjae?"

"Just sleeping."

Inhye's curt answer made Inhyuk silent. They walked up a few more steps until Inhyuk stopped in front of Inhye.

"Ya, Baek Inhye. Tell me what's really wrong. It breaks my heart to see you like this, a hollow of yourself. You're not the same happy Baek Inhye as usual, ever since..." Inhyuk halted, seeing Inhye curled up even more as he continued, "Sunjae's incident..."