hazel callahan | christmas cookies

▪︎▪︎▪︎

o. In which you make Christmas cookies and your girlfriend, Hazel's a cookie thief

warnings: none really

a-n: streamer!Hazel lol

❤️

You adjusted the oven mitts over your hands, your e/c eyes glancing up towards the clock situated above the dining table a little further away from you. A sudden loud laugh erupted from the office down the hall of both Hazel's and your apartment. She'd been streaming in there for the past hour or so now.

The rather small kitchen that was only really big enough for the both of you smelt like gingerbread now. Seeing as you'd taken to baking Christmas gingerbread cookies as a means to keep yourself occupied whilst your girlfriend streamed.

A sigh falling out of your lips as you moved your gaze from the clock above and towards the oven behind you, the sound of the timer you had set previously ringing now as you turned.

You positioned yourself accordingly, reaching your mit-covered hands out towards the oven door in front. You opened it carefully, making sure you weren't in range as a burst of steam flew out from the hot oven. A small, delicate smile fell onto your features as you took a grasp of the tray of gingerbread cookies that lay inside.

You shut the oven door quickly once you stood, and you placed the tray upon the counter. Hands now slipping from the oven-mits you had, and you allowed them to fall to the countertop beside the tray. Carefully, peeking up at the clock once again. 3:15 p.m., you read.

Surely, Hazel would have to be almost finished with her twitch stream by now. You shook your head briefly, tucking your head into the palm of your hands atop the counter near the cookies, which now sat out cooling.

A yawn manages to suddenly fall through your lips now, as a few more minutes ticked by waiting for Hazel to finish streaming. Head tilting up a bit as soon as you heard the sound of a door closing and footsteps wandering into the kitchen from the hall. A subconscious yet tired smile befalling your own features at the sight of your girlfriend making her way towards you.

"How was your stream?" You asked her, turning slightly as she fell in beside you behind the counter. Your eyes flit up to look into her own to the best of your ability, considering the small height difference between the both of you.

"Fine but tiring." She responded, her arms finding themselves wrapping around your waist as she stood behind you. She sniffed, allowing for her to smell the sweet scent of the cookies that still remained on the counter now. "Did you make these just now?"

You nodded shortly, reaching over to where you had prepared the packs of Christmas icing and lollies you had bought to decorate them and pull them over. All the while, you remained in the warmth of the girl's embrace. A warmth you'd since come to enjoy tremendously, since you'd begun dating Hazel.

You allowed a chuckle to slip out, eyes watching as Hazel reached forward with her closest hand in an attempt to snatch an undecorated cookie.

"At least wait till they're decorated, Haze." You told her, your finger pointing to the icing packet you now held in one hand, as you fiddled to get it open.

You suddenly discarded the bag of icing back onto the counter, once you had noticed your girlfriend not listening, as she still grabbed one from the plate, with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Ok, and what are you going to do if i eat this now?" She pulled the cookie up to her mouth as she spoke. Just as you had turned around in her arms to face her.

Your eyes watched as bits of her brunette hair fell partly into her face, and you found your free hand reach up to move it from her eyes. Until, your eyes locked onto the stolen cookie in her hand.

"Well I'll..." You started before stopping when you couldn't think of anything else to say. You continued to stand there in thought for a few moments until you spotted the cookie now missing from her hand.

Guess she did end up eating it.

You felt a feather-light touch to your nose. Hazel suddenly decided to boop it with her finger after she'd finished the cookie. Her eyes connected with your own as she found her other hand now finding its way back around your waist. "See, you did nothing?"

This time, it was your turn to playfully roll your eyes at her. Yet, you couldn't help but allow a small giggle from slipping out. You weren't really mad, of course you weren't. It was only one, and you had plenty of others. Wait- you spotted her slowly, inching her hand towards the tray again, out of the corner of your eyes.

"Hazel!" You gently smacked her hand away now. "I really do need to ice these now."