2.3 Rise of the Hesperides

The gang was in the Rock of Eternity. All except for Freddy who had failed to show up. Y/N was telling the rest of his family about his dream and what the wizard had told him.

Y/N: Look, look, look. Fam, I know it sounds crazy. And obviously I don't know exactly what this all means, but he was super angry and super loud and he was trying to warn us, I think. He was yelling about all this wizard-y mumbo-jumbo about realms and stuff.

Mary was sitting down with her hand over her head. She was wearing a pair of sunglasses over her eyes.

Mary: Do you have to talk so loud?

Y/N: Yeah, Mary, 'cause this is the appropriate sort of loud for this situation. What is the deal? Are you okay?

Mary: Yeah.

Darla: Why do you have sunglasses on? Did you go to the eye doctor this morning?

The three boys snickered a bit.

Y/N: I dunno, it looks to me like Mary did go to the eye doctor, but it was last night and she had a lot of fun.

Mary: In point of fact, I did have a great time. I met other people my age and I enjoyed myself.

Darla: You made friends at the eye doctor?

Y/N: No, she... Yeah. Can we get back on track? So anyways, he's yelling at me and he's saying the daughters of Atlas are coming to hunt us. So, check out what I found.

He pulled up his phone on what he had searched.

Y/N: "The daughters of Atlas are the offspring of the Titan Atlas," which is obvious, but also "Nyx, the Goddess of Night and Death."

Darla: Well, good things can happen at night.

Y/N: "And death," Darla.

Mary: Let me see this.

Mary took Y/N's phone and looked at the webpage. 

Mary: "The daughters guard the mythic Tree of Life which grows golden apples that contain the seeds of life which give birth to their realm protected by a... dragon."

Y/N: Yep.

Eugene, who had been leaning back in the reclining chair, immediately sat up upon hearing about a dragon.

Eugene: And I am suddenly here for this.

Y/N: I know, right? 'Cause, like, on one hand, it'd be totally cool to fight a dragon. On the other hand, it'd be bad news to have to fight a dragon. Mary, what are we doing?

Mary: I don't know, man. This is your meeting.

Y/N: Right, yes, fine, but we all need to be on the same page and, look, you're the eldest and I often think that you think better than me. The wizard did not exactly give me a tutorial here, guys, okay? Like, I don't know how a lot of this stuff works. That room of doors, that violin that is, like, constantly burning which is super weird but also definitely keeps the lair cozy, right?

He pointed over to the burning instrument placed next to Francesca's mirror. Eugene looked at it and shrugged. It was a nice trinket that kept them warm in the dark cave.

Y/N: I mean, the wizard didn't even tell me my superpowers. I had to discover those myself. He didn't so much as tell me my superhero name. And it's not like I'm not trying. But I really, really need your help.

After thinking for a moment, Pedro spoke up with a suggestion.

Pedro: Uh, I might know somebody that can help.