3.7 Peace Deal

Black Adam sat in a small conference room. Across the table were seated the other leaders of the nations around Kahndaq. They were there to discuss a peace treaty. Some of them tugged at their collars, afraid of the man across from them. One particularly bitter man cleared his throat to begin negotiations. 

Leader 1: I would like to begin this hearing with a proposition. Since Kahndaq is the one who started this war, it only seems fit that it must hand over its resources and pay for the damages done to the other nations.

Adam: That's not gonna happen.

Leader 2: W.. Well I suppose, since it was a misunderstanding, that only minimal reparations will be made.

Leader 1: Nonsense. This is a war, not a simple skirmish. Let us not forget that Kahndaq is the same nation that houses many powerful artifacts, chief among them this man from the stone age.

Leader 3: Now, that may not be entirely accurate, but you have a point. Kahndaq's recent actions before the war and clear ideas of expansion must also be taken into consideration.

Adam: My nation only wants the land taken from it during its military occupation by Intergang, an organization you were initially paid off by to turn a blind eye if I recall.

Leader 1: Intergang threatened our own nations. It was only logical to do what they demanded.

Adam: That didn't stop you from happily accepting weapons and mined eternium from them, a mineral that is the rightful ownership of everyone in Kahndaq.

Leader 1: Listen, "Black Adam," you are a warrior. I applaud your role as a protector and as an adversary. But these terms are a lot more complicated than someone like you alone know about. And I for one would like to say that I would much rather negotiate with a professional leader and not a warrior from 2,000 years ago. 

At that moment, the door to the room opened. Captain Marvel stepped in along with the entire Shazam family. The leaders were in awe of the six heroes in capes walking in and taking seats next to Black Adam.

Leader 1: Excuse me. This is a diplomatic hearing. You have no right to step into this room.

Y/N: Actually, we do. The way I see it, you are negotiating not just with the nation of Kahndaq, but with one of the champions chosen by the Council of Wizards. Now, since this deal may involve the use of Kahndaq's connection to magic, it is in the best interest of my family and I to be here as representatives of the wizards and said magic.

He looked over at Mary and winked. She gave him a thumbs up. They'd been practicing that speech outside for the past few minutes. When he was finished, Y/N sat down with the rest of his family and started negotiations.

The negotiations ran smoothly for the most part. Adam acted as a representative of Kahndaq while Mary did most of the talking for their group, agreeing to or combatting certain legal decisions. Within a few hours, everyone in the room had come to a decision. 

Kahndaq would pay for some of the damages done during the war, but the bill would largely be put on A.R.G.U.S. and the United Nations. All mined out eternium as well as weapons constructed from it would be returned to Kahndaq. In return, Kahndaq would cancel its plans for expansion. Adam would also be restricted to the nation and would not be allowed to leave without authorization. He would also not be allowed to step foot in the Rock of Eternity without any of the champions' permission or acknowledgement. With that, everyone shook hands and the deal was set. 

From outside the room, Superman looked through a one-way mirror. He saw them all talking and smiled at how Y/N and his team seemed to finally be getting things done peacefully. While he was watching, Wonder Woman walked into the hall and stood by him. She looked inside and smiled as well.