3.6 Clash of the Champions

Superman was watching over Teth Adam. The mortal man was restrained to a gurney, still unconscious. Clark also looked at one of the files on him. It noted a particular anomaly with the scouting ship he now used as his base. It showed something else had once been there. Someone else.

Freddy walked over to talk to the fellow man in blue.

Freddy: The authorities have Waller. But judging by how bad this would look to the press and knowing how politics work, she probably won't be detained for long.

Clark: Well, she's out of our hands. But maybe with her gone we have a chance of ending this war.

Y/N was sitting in a different room with his head down. He had a bag of ice on his leg and was lost in thought. He wasn't quite sure what to do. Sure Waller was gone, but what about Adam? Even with the one behind this mess out of the picture, his desire for revenge would only continue.

Y/N reached into his pocket and pulled out a small hand mirror. He sighed and looked into it.

Y/N: Hey, Francesca. I could really use some advice.

A woman's face appeared in the mirror, taking on its reflective surface.

Francesca: What is it you desire, Champion?

Y/N: We've been over this. Just Y/N will do.

Francesca: Very well. What troubles you, Y/N?

Y/N: I just... I'm not quite sure what to do here. Adam won't stop, that's for certain. When he wakes, he'll probably be angrier than ever. I can't talk to him. But I also can't kill him. I don't think I could do that. Trapping him is out of the question. First off, his people would be very upset if I did so. Second, I don't even know how to. It's all... It's a mess.

Francesca: I see your trouble. Your mind is flooded with too many choices and not enough answers. But remember what the wizard told you. It is not your mind that is wise. Listen to your heart. Knowing you, you will do the right thing. It was why you were chosen.

Y/N gave her a light smile.

Y/N: Thanks, Fran. 

Francesca: As for Adam, I think you may know what to do. He is a believer in the old ways and a proud man. Follow this mindset and you will see how to get through to him.

With that, the lady in the mirror vanished. Y/N sighed and put the mirror back in his pocket. He had a lot to think about. What did she mean by the old ways? 

As he was thinking, Superman walked into the room. He saw the boy lost in thought and sat down in the chair next to him. He gave him a little smile and looked at him.

Clark: How are you feeling, son?

Y/N: Conflicted, confused, and bruised. I guess that's par the course in this line of work.

They both shared a chuckle together at that. It definitely was just a normal day at the office for them. Y/N then looked over at the man of steel.

Y/N: How do you do it? How do you always know what to do and come out on top? How do you stay a symbol of hope during these times?

Clark looked at the younger man and sighed.

Clark: The truth is that I don't really know what I'm doing half the time. I don't always know what's right and if I even can win. What I do know is who and what I fight for. I think you do too, seeing your acts of heroism.

Y/N: I'm no hero. Sometimes I just make things worse. I act like I'm professional and not what I'm doing, but I really don't. I'm just a guy in a (f/c) suit and white cape trying to get by.