3.4 Magic and Might

The three made their way back to the main cave under the facility. They were thinking over what they discovered.

Clark: Intergang must have been mining out as much eternium as they could get their hands on. Something must have gone off, blowing the facility above us. No one reported the damage because it would reveal what they were up to. With no knowledge on their presence, Adam must've assumed it was an attack by a neighboring country.

Y/N: And now they're in a war they can't win. Adam is too strong. He'll wipe them all out if we don't intervene.

As they were walking around, Freddy accidentally tripped over a mechanical device. He brushed it off and walked back to the others. What he didn't see was that he had tripped over a rocket launcher, priming it. 

Clark grabbed both boys and flew out of the ruins. They snuck back under the police tape and blended in with the crowd. They were about to walk off to meet up with Waller when they heard a whizzing noise behind them.

Just then, a rocket fired out of the hole. It flew through the city and hit one of the large statues under construction. The side of the statue crumbled, weakening its stability. The top of the monument began to fall towards a group of citizens.

The three looked on at the falling statue. Without even thinking, Y/N ran off and shouted the word.

Y/N: Shazam!

A lightning bolt fell from the sky, changing Y/N into his champion form. What he didn't account for was someone on the other side of the city seeing the lightning bolt as well. 

Captain Marvel quickly flew off and headed towards the statue. The citizens tripped and fell down in terror as the large sculpture fell towards them. They closed their eyes, awaiting its impact. But it never came. Some of them slowly opened their eyes to see what had happened. They were met by an amazing sight.

A man in a (f/c) suit with a lightning bolt emblem was holding up the statue. He looked down at the people, grunting as he pushed the large rockwork back up.

Y/N: You all alright? You okay? Man, are you lucky I was here!

Y/N picked up the statue and took it to the air. He found an empty part of the city and placed it down on the road. He then flew off back to the people. Some of them were cheering on their savior. Y/N landed in the middle of them. Freddy and Clark made their way through the crowd over to him.

A little boy who was nearly crushed walked up to Y/N. The (f/c) hero looked down and smiled at the boy.

Boy: Thank you.

Y/N: Anytime, little man.

Boy: Who are you?

Y/N: Captain Marvel, champion of magic.

Freddy and Clark looked at Y/N in confusion.

Clark: You speak their language?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Clark: Just now, you were speaking to the boy in his native language.

Y/N: What are you talking about? He was speaking English like I was.

Clark: No, he wasn't.

Freddy then realized what was happening. He got excited.

Freddy: Omnilingual! It must be one of your powers. We can interpret, learn, and speak any language just by hearing it!

Y/N was surprised. He didn't even know he could do that. He'd have to remember more for his Spanish tests.

Y/N: Chalk that one up to the Wisdom of Solomon, I guess.