4.5 A New Member

In the middle of a park in Philadelphia, a large dark tower was being constructed. A large antenna sat on top of it. Occasionally, a lightning bolt of various colors would strike it, igniting the tower with power. It hummed with the sound of charging systems and rising dynamos. 

Inside the tower, a mind altered guard walked into a large room at the center of the building. Charging units and large tubes full of crackling energy surrounded the room. At the center sat a large, glass tube with Mr. Mind on a platform in it. In front of the center tube sat an obsidian throne. 

Doctor Sivana stood away from his throne, working on something else in the side of the room. It looked like pieces of some new armor or suit. He noticed the guard approaching and walked towards his throne while cleaning his tools. The guard approached and stood at attention. His eyes glowed a dull green.

Guard: Sirs!

Sivana: Yes, Jenson, why do you come to us today?

Guard: We have just received word, sir, of a break in at the prisoner holding facility in Siberia.

Sivana looked up, staring at the guard.

Sivana: Are you sure?

Guard: Affirmative, sir.

Sivana: And who were the perpetrators?

Guard: Sir, our reports suggest it was the Batman along with a group of kids, sir.

Sivana's eyes widened. He approached the guard, staring at him and getting close to his face.

Sivana: I want all men on alert! Search for them! And if you find them, kill anyone in sight!

Mr. Mind: Patience, doctor. We cannot risk playing our hand too soon.

Sivana grumbled under his breath before looking back at the guard.

Sivana: Very well, soldier. Back as you were. But I want security put on level four for the time being.

The guard saluted and turned around. He walked out of the throne room back to his post. Sivana turned around towards Mr. Mind. He was grumbling and approached him in an angry fury.

Sivana: You pesculine worm! You said you'd dealt with them!

Mr. Mind: I said they were banished for the time being. It was inevitable they would escape. Fear not, though. They are without their powers and only one way of getting them back. They stand little to no chance.

Sivana: And what about the Kryptonian?

Mr. Mind: A slight oversight, but I have my own contingencies for such an occasion.

As he was talking, Superman flew down into the room slowly. He hovered above the floor staring straight ahead. He wore a new black suit with grey highlights. His eyes glowed a dull green.   

Bruce and the group of kids were all sitting in one of the larger rooms of the cave. They had placed the Kryptonian girl down on a soft bed, waiting for her to wake up. Rosa walked over and placed a quilt blanket over her body. She then walked over and helped Victor and Alfred in patching up Eugene's foot.

Y/N was sitting down with his hands folded in. He looked on at the girl, making sure she was alright. He was amazed by her skills and strength. He also had to admit she was quite beautiful. Her hair, despite being somewhat in a mess, flowed neatly in a nice short cut. Her face that he had seen as stern hours ago now looked gentle and relaxed. Y/N watched the girl's chest rise up and down as she breathed deeply, glad she was no longer gasping for air like when he had been carrying her.