Battle of Helm's Deep

As the guards peered over the edge of the battlements, their eyes widened with astonishment. "Summon the king," Guard 1 commanded, his voice tinged with urgency. Guard 2 nodded in understanding before darting off to carry out the order. "Open the gates," Guard 1 declared, his directive echoing down the length of the wall.

A hushed excitement rippled through the soldiers as an army of Lothlórien elven archers marched up the causeway and into the Hornburg. Their presence was a sight to behold, filling the hearts of the defenders with wonder and anticipation.

Descending the steps of the hall, King Théoden observed the approaching elves with a mixture of curiosity and concern. Haldir, leading the elven contingent, approached the king and bowed respectfully. "How is this possible?" Théoden inquired, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell," Haldir began, his voice steady and resolute. "An alliance once existed between elves and men. Long ago, we fought and died together."

At the head of the stairs, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Liv, David, and Saya appeared, their presence adding weight to Haldir's words. Haldir smiled warmly as he looked up at them. "We come to honor that allegiance," he announced.

As Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Liv descended to greet Haldir, David and Saya remained behind, watching with a mix of awe and curiosity. "Welcome, Haldir," Aragorn greeted, his voice ringing with sincerity.

"You are most welcome," Aragorn repeated, his tone reflecting the gratitude and respect he felt for their elven allies. Legolas clasped Haldir on the shoulder in a gesture of camaraderie, a silent acknowledgment of their shared history and bond.

With a practiced precision, the army of elves performed a left face and stood before King Théoden, awaiting his review. Haldir bowed deeply before him. "We are proud to fight alongside men once more," he declared, his voice carrying a note of solemn determination.

Suddenly, Haldir's gaze fell upon Liv standing nearby, and a flicker of recognition crossed his features. "Lady Liv, is that you?" he asked, surprise evident in his tone.

"Yes, it's me," Liv replied with a smile, her eyes sparkling with memories of their previous encounter.

"You've changed," Haldir observed, his gaze lingering on her.

"Well, teenagers tend to do that," Liv quipped, a playful grin tugging at her lips.

"Hey Liv, who is that guy?" David interjected, curiosity getting the better of him.

"That's Haldir, another elf whom the Fellowship and I met during our travels through the Lothlórien woods," Liv explained, gesturing towards Haldir with a nod of her head.

Haldir turned his attention to David and Saya, his interest piqued. "There are more of you?" he inquired, his curiosity evident in his tone.

"Yes, my boyfriend David, and my cousin Saya," Liv confirmed, introducing them with a smile.

The men, elves, Liv, David, and Saya stood ready and watchful on the battlements of Helm's Deep. Every inch of space overlooking the sides of the wall was covered. Across the plains before Helm's Deep, an enormous army lit by torches approached the heavily manned battlement. Legolas, Liv, David, and Saya stood before a complement of archers. The top of a helmet was just visible over the edge of the wall.

"You could have picked a better spot," remarked Gimli.

Legolas smirked and Liv laughed. Aragorn approached and stood beside them. "Well, lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night," said Gimli. Lightning flashed, thunder rolled. As the lightning illuminated the night, it revealed the sheer size of the sea of approaching Uruk-hai. Legolas' eyes widened at the sight.