Chapter 33

As soon as the Hope Gang was out, the word 'chaotic' was an understatement. 

The gang members spread like wildfire, some bequeathing attacks on the KSI assassins, some letting out the international gangs, some rounding up on the snipers. 

Within seconds, the dojo turned into an arena of death. 

This is the real finale of the Death Ring.

Soo-ji found herself crashing into a hard chest first, a strong arm snaked round her back, pulling her to safety. 

It was Yoongi. They took cover, kneeling behind a pillar. Yoongi's gaze was focused on her gunshot wound. Soo-ji stared at him, watching his taut expression closely. His eyebrows frowned in between his eyes. Without saying a word, he ripped his shirt and bandaged her arm. 

He finally looked up at her. "Will you be okay?" 

Soo-ji's face broke into a wide smile. Strangely, his voice calmed her in the midst of this mayhem. "Only with you beside me." 

In harmony, they leapt onto the chains that were used to hang Chanyeol on live TV. The chains hung from the ceiling. Yoongi grabbed onto one, Soo-ji was on the other. Together, they swung their bodies like a dance, kicking several assassins in amazing feat. The snipers were not so forgiving, their bullets followed relentlessly after them like pest. 

When they landed on the ground, Yoongi kicked to the left, Soo-ji threw a punch to the right. 

"Nice one, baby!" Yoongi howled, watching with immense pride how strong his Soo-ji is. 

Their moves complimented each other in every way, leaving no room for error. 

Soo-ji didn't even feel the pain in her wound anymore. All she knew was that she was riding on adrenaline, knowing the fact that Yoongi looked out for her in every step she made. 

"I'll have your back."  She remembered Yoongi telling her in high school. 

And now. I'll have your back too. She thought, moving Yoongi out of the way just as a machete grazed past his cheek.

"Hey lovebirds!" Jimin called out, catching Soo-ji and Yoongi's attention. As soon as their eyes met, Jimin threw two bamboo swords at them. 

Soo-ji and Yoongi caught them effortlessly in their palms. Their backs were against each other, shielding each other from any surprise attacks whilst they rained assaults on the enemies who were quickly surrounding them.

They sliced their way out, the KSI quickly dropping one by one. 

Taehyung and Taehee ran past with Hobi, hand in hand, after a sniper. 

Seokjin was on the ground a few metres away. His forearms were in front of his face as self-defence as two assassins rained punches down at him. Jessi tutted at this scene in front of her. She launched herself forward, stabbing into the assassins with a spear. 

At the far end of the dojo, Chung Ha fixated her glare at Soo-ji, hating that she was weakened from the sword slashes by Soo-ji. Her lips folded together as she watched Soo-ji's fighting techniques. The way Soo-ji could easily wield a sword like the sword recognised its master, the way she threw punches so strong even with an injured arm, the way she never missed an aim with a gun, the way she was able to find a weakness in the enemy in a split second for a counter-attack.

Enough!

Everything about Soo-ji pissed her off. She seized a shotgun, aiming it at Soo-ji's head.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Click.

A booming shot shook through the room.