Chapter 21

"Me?!" Namjoon popped his head up from the crowd. "When did we kiss?!"

"Oh thank goodness you don't remember too!" In-ah breathed a sigh of relief, "we kissed in high school! At the beach party!"

"We did?"

"Yeah!" In-ah laughed, "somehow we were all so drunk! Min Yoongi went off with Soo-ji and we somehow got into a conversation where you told me my bikini looked cute and I told you I've never kissed anyone before! Somehow I was on top of you on the sand and somehow you took me to a pizza place after!"

"Somehow you both sounded like you had a great time!" Jungkook yelled, darting his eyes between the two.

"We did!" In-ah answered him happily, fuelling his anger.

Jimin didn't help either, bursting out laughing at the back.

Jungkook's hard stare remained fixed on Namjoon, making him feel ever so uncomfortable. In a bid to extinguish the light in Jungkook, Namjoon had no choice but to play off the whole ordeal as nothing.

"Aish!" Namjoon waved his hands in front of him, dismissing the whole revelation. "That can't count as your first kiss! We were both drunk and we barely remember it!"

"I agree!" Jungkook concurred, twisting his head back to In-ah, satisfied with Namjoon's answer.

"Well I remember every bit of detail now!" In-ah said excitedly, oblivious to Jungkook's expression dropping back to its murderous state.

"Wow." Jungkook scoffed, "You remember what happened years ago in high school but you don't remember what happened last night?"

In-ah glared at him.

"What?" Jungkook continued, "I'm right, am I not?! We had a decent conversation for once last night, albeit about your stupid Obama and Lucas, but a civil conversation nonetheless! And what do I get for keeping you warm when you were freezing cold? GET CALLED A PERVERT!"

Jungkook wiped the drool from the corner of his lips, glaring back at In-ah.

"Well maybe in a few years time, I'll remember what we spoke about last night. AND FOR THE LAST TIME IT'S ALANA AND LUCAS!" In-ah shouted back at him.

Jungkook was close to blowing off at her. He opened his mouth and closed it again and again, only to clamp it completely shut for good. It was no use. She was oblivious, he was wasting his time.

It wasn't so much of the fact that she forgot about the first time when he properly held her. It was more of the fact that they always ended up bickering and arguing whenever they spoke. Their pushing and pulling had become their way of communication and he wanted to change that. He was frustrated, when he thought that their relationship could finally change to something more amiable, they had to fall back to cursing each other like there was no tomorrow.

"Right." Jungkook had given up, " Talk to me when you remember what we spoke about last night! For now, GOOD. BYE!"

"Goodbye?! Where do you think you can go in here?!" In-ah yelled at him.

He stood up, stomped to the corner only five metres away, leaving behind a confused In-ah.

"What's gotten you in a hump now?!"

***

Hobi had no more tears left to shed.

He accepted his fate. The fate of betrayal, the fate of disloyalty and the fate that he would be stuck with an annoying ass for a while.

Yeonjun bounced him up and down in his arms, trying to googoo him while rubbing his nose all over Hobi's cheeks.

Needless to say, Yeonjun was more than excited when he was given the all the more important task of protecting Hobi while Jackson and Soo-ji attended the fundraising ball.