Prologue

[A/N] This book follows from WITHOUT You's epilogue.

Seoul wasn't how it used to be.

Governmental corruption had taken over and civilians were left to fend for themselves while the powerful fed off them.

In other words, the rich grew richer and the poor grew poorer.

Now, there was no such thing as the police, no such thing as law and order, and no such thing as quality of life.

It was literally what you would call the survival of the fittest.

People were always hungry, a dead body or two lying in the gutters had already become the norm. The smell of decaying dead bodies was what lurked in every corner of the streets.

Soo-ji's protest changed the course of history. The city unrest sparked by this girl threw Seoul into absolute chaos.

Citizens fought back, disintegrating the city thread by thread by starting uproars in retaliation against the government.

Many corrupt politicians deemed her a terrorist as an excuse for starting a revolution against the state, but to the innocent people who were oppressed for so long by the powerful, she ignited a hope in them, she gave them a reason to live again.

It didn't last long though.

To take back control and to show the public who they were up against, the KSI and the government committed mass murders, showing the defenceless citizens their exact fate if they went too far.

People went missing mysteriously, homes were destroyed and they even went as far as locking down all border controls, imprisoning everyone from escaping the country.

The city was now split into two – one side for the rich and powerful, where food resources were never a problem while everyone else was locked in on the other side, starving and dying.

The fear that the KSI and the government injected into the city was so overwhelming that people welcomed death as a source of comfort.

But the KSI didn't stop there.

Every day patrols would be sent out into the streets, looking for the Hope Gang. Wanted posters with each member of the Hope Gang's face were in every living person's eye.

The Hope Gang was nowhere to be seen.

And the small number of followers that the Hope Gang had was now virtually zero. And if there was one left behind, the KSI would not hesitate to let them live.

As a matter of fact, it wasn't just the Hope Gang that had diminished into thin air. The underground was rocked by such powerful evil organisation that they either joined the KSI or they were no longer.

But this wouldn't be for long.

Even the darkest night must give way to the dawn's first light.

The world was in peril, the past tarnished her soul and Choi Soo-ji would return to defend what she stood for.

And when she did, the world would have no choice but to brace themselves for what was to come. 

[A/N] Welcome back, my beloved readers! ❤ Time for you to buckle up. Cause we're going on another ride! 🤗

Also... I missed you guys so much 😩