Chapter 7

Soo-ji and Yoongi argued again.

The first argument started because Yoongi asked once again how she got her injuries. The second argument started because she was fobbing him off after making the unbelievable excuse that she slipped off her bike and fell in a ditch. The third argument started because he noticed she was on the laptop a lot and when he asked what she was doing, she would only slap the laptop closed and tell him nothing in return.

For a few days after that, they were no longer talking to each other. Yoongi was annoyed with her secretiveness evidently and when Soo-ji straightaway offered to go back to the city as soon as Miyoung mentioned they were on their last tins of peas, his suspicions were instantly raised.

"I'll be back soon," Soo-ji hugged Hobi who was sobbing his little heart out on her shoulder.

With the exception of Yoongi, everyone circled around Soo-ji. One by one they told her what food to bring back and wished her a safe journey.

"I'll do my best, guys." Soo-ji laughed, peeling a whimpering Hobi off her shoulder. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see a suspiciously quiet Yoongi sitting on a church bench at the back. His clasped hands were raised to his lips, elbows rested on top of his knees as his body leaned forward, watching everyone wishing her goodbye. She ignored his stare, avoiding another conversation which she knew damn well would end in another argument if they opened their mouths.

As soon as she left, Yoongi immediately jumped up into a standing position. He dashed around the church, grabbing a face mask before drawing his arms through the sleeves of his biker jacket and shrugging it onto his shoulders.

"Uh... hyung?" Jimin said as everyone huddled together to watch a frantic Yoongi running around the church. "What are you doing?"

Yoongi tucked a knife into his jacket pocket. Spinning around, he flashed everyone a big grin. "What else? I'm following Soo-ji to the city."

"Uh. No, you're not." Miyoung stated as a matter of fact, "you know damn well she will break your teeth if she found out you did that."

"I welcome that, I don't mind," Yoongi shrugged, looping the ear loops of the mask behind his ears, "I'm so sick of her shit, I need to know what the hell she's doing."

He headed towards the door, but turned around one last time to take a look at his dumbfounded gang members. "Don't get into too much trouble while we're gone!"

Without letting them reply, Yoongi stepped out of the door, slammed it shut just as Hobi burst into a puddle of tears.

Lifting a leg over his motorbike, Yoongi paused midway just before fully grabbing onto the handlebars. Slowly, he ran the pads of his fingertips against it, feeling the tingles shoot up his arms as the long awaited thrill of the bike returned to envelope him wholly.

It had been too long since he last rode the bike.

It was a magical feeling to Yoongi. Snapping the ignition on, the bike roared to life as if answering his call. The dirt around him flew up into the air like fine dust, his hair flew back as if readying for the rush of his life. The bike's headlights flashed on, paving way for the danger to come.

With a little smirk dancing on his lips, Yoongi's strong hands firmly gripped onto the handlebars. He kicked off, charging the motorbike across the fields in the direction where Soo-ji just left minutes ago.

With the skill of Soo-ji, he knew she would've been long gone. But that was exactly what he wanted. The last thing he wanted was Soo-ji knowing he was secretly following her. Instead, he followed the trail marks her motorbike left behind on the fields until he arrived at the opening of the forest which surrounds the church.