Chapter 13

Jackson's penetrating hard stare was making Yoongi feel extremely uncomfortable.

They stood at the Death Ring, face to face, and the usual shouting and wild cheers of the underground fight club were nowhere to be heard. The room was empty, since Jackson wanted their friendly match to be exclusive to themselves.

As soon as Yeonjun returned from the church to tell him that Yoongi declined the fight, disappointment was not even a close enough word to describe his emotions. Moreover, when Yeonjun revealed that Black Swan was the most wanted, most feared, gang leader in the country and that Shadow, the new champion of the Death Ring, was none other than Min Yoongi himself, it was inescapable that Yeonjun received a vicious beating from Jackson. He was angry, of course, that Yeonjun chose to hide this important piece of information from him.

Yoongi shifted his feet from left to right, clearing his throat to end the awkward silence between them. "I want cars," he began saying, "the fastest, most expensive cars in the world. Bugatti. Rolls Royce. Ferrari. Ten of them."

"Granted." Jackson replied within a heartbeat, no questions asked.

If Yoongi wasn't taken aback at the slightest, he would be lying. His head nodded slowly, eyeing Jackson with amusement.

"I need weapons." Yoongi said next, "shotguns, grenades, AK47s, rifles, knives, crossbows, machetes, tracker devices, the whole lot."

"Granted."

"I also want a private jet."

Jackson shook his head, closing his eyes briefly. At this point, Yoongi took a deep breath, waiting for Jackson to turn down his outrageous request. But instead, Yoongi had to curl his lips into his teeth to stifle his laugh.

"Of course," Jackson sighed, "that's only fitting for royalty like you and Choi Soo-ji."

"I want money. Billions of won."

"However much you want."

"I want-"

"Whatever you request, it's a yes!" Jackson practically yelled out across the Death Ring. Grinning, Jackson fixed his stare on his new champion just as he tightened his silky boxing robe around his waist.

"Ten minutes." Jackson beamed excitedly, now securing the straps of his boxing gloves around his wrists. Yoongi, on the other hand, declined the offer of boxing gloves from Jackson and chose to wrap boxing tape around his bare hands instead. To Yoongi, it was much more gratifying, much more rewarding, if he could feel his opponent's flesh and bones crunch under his fists.

"Any rules?" Jackson asked, bouncing on his feet.

Gradually, the corners of Yoongi's lips curved upwards into a smug smirk. "Just don't wet yourself."

"Huh?"

And the fight finally started.

The Death Ring lit up like dynamite.

At lightning speed, Yoongi stepped forward, sliding on his knees under his opponent's outstretched arm just as Jackson's padded fist whooshed past his head by a millimetre.

As expected, Yoongi knew Jackson's fists saw his head as its target. But Jackson didn't see it coming, making the ultimate stupid mistake by turning his back to his rival, and couldn't escape the inevitable kick to the groin from Yoongi behind.

Jackson doubled over to the floor, clutching his balls in excruciating pain. He was in so much agony that tears exuded from the corner of his eyes.

In amusement, Yoongi couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Did he feel bad? Not really. But was it hilarious to watch the boxing champion rolling around the floor like a cockroach writhing around on its back? Yes.