Chapter 8-Next To You

Davie

It's been a few months, since that crazy morning I woke up next to Calum. School is in full swing now, it's getting closer to Christmas too. My classes are going well and I'm managing to balance everything.

Calum and I, still haven't put any sort of title to the relationship we have. And I don't want to rush it. We hang out constantly, and we never run out of things to talk about. We have gone out a few times, simple dates, the movies, a carnival, and he took me fishing, which was very interesting. But we haven't kissed, or anything else. It always feels like it's going to get to the point and then it stops. It's so frustrating.

He sleeps over almost every night. He doesn't want me to stay at his because of Luke. And Luke still tries very hard to get me to like him, even though I ditched him for Calum. I don't dislike Luke, but I'm crazy about Calum.

Tonight, is a big night for Calum. He managed to grab a spot at a pretty big club here where he can play his guitar and sing some songs. And apparently a lot of big wig music labels attend these shows. He's so nervous.

"What if I completely freeze up?" He says, pacing the floor of my dorm room for the hundredth time.

"Cal, you're going to have to stop freaking out. You're going to be great." I reassure him again.

"I could forget the lyrics." He stops in front of me and looks into my eyes.

"Then you'll improvise. You can do this, Calum." I say. He lets out a long exasperated breath and wraps his arms around my waist. I love the feeling of him being so close to me. I put my head against his chest and listen to his over working heart.

"It's okay. I'll be there. And I'll be at every show after that one." I tell him.

"Thank you." He says. He steps back, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"We should get going." He walks over to the corner and grabs his guitar case. His long sleeved white shirt clinging to him in all the right ways.

The club is decent sized there are at least 100 people inside. Ashton, Alex, Celeste, Luke and Michael are in the audience. I'm currently standing back stage with Calum. I'm bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet right now, starting to feel a bit nervous for him now.

"Davie, I can't do it." Calum says from behind me. I turn around to face him.

"Yes you can, Calum. This is what you want. This is everything." I say calmly as I approach him.

The person on stage now is getting read to wrap up his set.

"I'm not good enough. I should of practiced more."

"Calum! I've listened to you play so many times, it's perfect, you're perfect. I promise."

He walks over to the side of the stage and looks out at the crowd.

"I just can't. I'm going to vomit, Davie." He says. I stand in front of him now, not really listening to what he's saying, just watching the way his plumps lips move as he speaks. I want so badly to make him feel better. I would do anything for him.

He's still talking so fast, his eyes wide with nerves. And before I can think about it anymore, I carefully reach my hands across the space between us and place them on each side of his face. He stops talking, just staring at me now.

It happens so quickly after that. I put my lips on his quickly. Brushing them lightly over his a few times. Not breathing, keeping my eyes closed. I keep my face close to his as I slowly open my eyes.

Calum is breathing quickly as his eyes open again, guitar still in his hands.

"I'm sorry.." I whisper.

"Do that again." He replies.

"Wh..what?" I say.

"Please. Kiss me again." He moves the guitar to his back and pulls me close to his body. My hands instinctively wrap around his neck and pull his lips back to mine. This time I let my lips apply more pressure against his. And this time, he kisses back with more force.

The next thing I know, the announcer is saying Calum's name, introducing him to the stage. He leans down and pecks my lips one last time.

"I can do this." He smiles.

"I know." I smile back. He lets go of my waist, bringing the guitar back to his front and carefully walking onto the stage. I hurry around the side and go to the table with our friends, sitting next to Michael and as far away from Luke as possible. I look to Alex, who has become my best friend and she winks at me, holding Ashton's hand in her lap. They are the cutest couple.

I touch my finger tips to my lips, they burn like they're on fire. His lips felt so right. So wet and perfect.

Calum is on stage now, strumming his guitar and singing the songs he's been practicing. He sounds amazing. Calum has a bit of a nasaly sounding voice, but it's the most beautiful sound. I could listen to him sing to me softly in my dorm room for hours. And now I get to watch a very small portion of people enjoy how amazing he is.

Something happens after his set is finished, that I don't ever expect to happen. He finishes singing an Ed Sheeran song, it was beautiful and I almost cried. He thanks the crowd, sitting his guitar down. Everyone stands up and cheers for him, clapping and whistling. He has the biggest smile on his face, as he jumps off the front of the stage, walking over to our table quickly.

I'm still standing from when we had all been cheering, as he walks straight over to me, not stopping to talk to anyone, he wraps his arms around me, lifting me from the ground and pressing his lips to mine again. Our first kiss was everything, but this kiss means just as much. It's in front of everyone and they all start clapping and whistling again as we kiss each other.

He moves his lips against mine slowly, my hands go into his hair. His tongue asks for permission to enter my mouth and a quickly allow it. I suddenly forget that there are other people around, all of my energy is going into this kiss. I pull at his bottom lip a bit and he groans quietly.

"You were amazing." I whisper against his lips. Ignoring the crazy things our friends were saying.

"I got through that because of you." He tells me as he slowly sits me back on my feet, pecking my lips a few more times.

"Great job, mate." Ashton pats Calum on the back.

"Yeah, really awesome, Calum." Alex says too.

"Thanks guys." Calum smiles.

He stands close to me, his fingers intertwining with mine and holding my hand. Everyone talks and drinks, but all I see is him. I lay my head against his shoulder and rub his hand.

I'm crazy about Calum Hood.