Chapter 19 - And Theres A Hurricane Underneath It

Long time no see beautiful people. I've had writers block on this one because I've been trying to improve it. Perhaps I can still redeem it, I hope. Anyways, enjoy the update and vote :)

Calum's POV

Ashton and I had been at the party for a little over an hour. I was tired from all the traveling and I just wanted to be sleeping in my girlfriends arms. But we had promised some friends we would stop by.

I was getting ready to find Ashton and let him know I was leaving, when I felt a tug on my sweater sleeve.

"Come dance with me, Calum." Celeste said, batting her eyelashes at me, a red plastic cup in her hand.

"You know I can't do that, Celeste. I have a girlfriend." I pulled my arm away from her and took a step back.

"Davie? I can't believe your still with her honestly." She huffs and takes a drink.

"I plan on always being with her. That won't change."

"At least come have a drink then." She sways a bit and takes a step towards me.

"Look, if I have a drink with you, will you please back off?" I tell her.

"Sure. Whatever." She grabs my wrist and pulls me into the kitchen. I watch as she grabs bottles from the counter and dumps a few different things into a cup.

"What is this?" I scrunch my nose as she hands it to me.

"My own special concoction. Give it a go." She smirks, making me feel uncomfortable as usual. But instead of arguing, I take a few drinks from the cup, coughing as it hits my throat.

"That's horrible." I laugh.

"Oh come on, it isn't that bad." She puts her hand around my cup and forces it up to my lips again, tipping it back so I have no choice but to swallow the rest of it.

"Wow. Yeah, I think I've had enough. I really need to get going." I sit the cup down and turn to walk away, feeling a bit off balance as I do.

How could I possibly be drunk off one drink? I needed to find Ashton, quick.

"Hey man, you alright?" Someone asks. I focus my blurry vision on my very tall roommate.

"I uh...actually don't feel well." I slur and feel even more dizzy.

"Whoa dude, let me help you back to the room." Luke wraps my arm over his shoulder.

"Thanks..just..take me to..to Davies will ya?" Almost all of my weight is leaning on him now.

"I don't think that's a good idea man. I'll call her when we get back and let her know you weren't feeling well." Like starts to drag me forward, and soon I can feel the cold night air rush against my face.

"Yeah..yah okay." Is the last thing I remember saying before everything went black, remembering nothing of the trip home.

******************

Pounding. Jackhammer. Those are the best words I can think of to describe my head when I wake up.

I can't remember anything. I vaguely remember like helping me, so I must be in my own bed. I slowly lift my head, the sun shining through the window causes my eyes to ache. This is my dorm room. Thank god.

"Morning sunshine." A small voice says next to me, and I freeze. All muscles in my body going completely rigid. I close my eyes again and turn my body to face them.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I yell, pushing myself away from her and jumping off the bed. All I have on are my boxers. Shit.

"I stayed with you, you don't remember?" Celeste says, she gets up on her knees and I can see she's wearing one of my shirts. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Get out of my shirt and then get out of my room. Now!" I step farther away.

"That's not what you were saying last night."

"We didn't do anything. I would never do that."

"I feel just horrible that you don't remember our special night together." She saunters off the bed.

"I'm going to take a shower, and when I come out, you need to be gone. Or I'm calling security." I grab my head in my hands and lock the door to the bathroom.

I can't believe this. I would never do this to Davie, she's my life. Something doesn't feel right about this. I only had one drink. I turn on the hot water and let it cascade over me, washing away the most horrible hangover of my life.

I get out and dry off with a towel, drying off my hair and wrapping it around my waist. Taking a deep breath, I open the door, hoping Celeste is finally gone.

But instead, I find her answering a knock at my door, wearing only my tshirt. The person on the other side of the door is my beautiful girlfriend, who's face is turned down into a look of horror.

"Is...where's Calum?" Davie says shakily.

"Oh he was showering, but he's right there now." Celeste points at me. I can feel all the color drain from my face as she grabs her things, blowing me a kiss and walking out into the hallway.

"Davie...please listen to me." I grip my towel in one hand and step towards her.

"Don't touch me. Don't you dare touch me." Tears roll down her beautiful cheeks.

"You have to listen. I don't know what happened. I was at the party and woke up here." I try to explain.

"So your excuse is that you got drunk so you can't remember sleeping with Celeste? You make me sick." She sobs, stepping back until she pressed against the door.

"No! No, I would never sleep with her. I think I was drugged. I swear to you. Baby, please."

"I just walked in to her wearing your shirt. You expect to believe this bullshit? You're an idiot. I don't ever want to talk to you again Calum. Ever." She reaches for the door handle. My heart is crashing my chest. She can't leave me.

"Davie stop, I would never hurt you. Not ever." I walk over and grab her hand off the handle, pushing it above her head so her body is pressed against mine.

"Let me go, or I'll scream." She looks at me with an angry mouth and sad eyes.

"Davie, don't do this. I..I.." I stutter but she cuts me off.

"Don't you dare say it. Not now. I don't trust you Calum. Now let me go." She says quietly. She says it so softly and sadly that I can feel my heart shatter, taking a step away from her and releasing her wrist.

"I don't want to lose you.." It barely comes out a whisper.

"Too late." She looks at me one last time, sniffling her nose. She opens the door and walks out as quickly as she can, not looking back.

My legs buckle under me, causing me to fall to my knees, as I realize the girl I love more than life itself, just walked away from me, dragging my heart with her.