Epilogue

So this is the end of this book. When I started it, I had such huge plans for it. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, so I'm going to leave it up for awhile and then take it down for major editing. Thank you guys for reading it and if you get a chance, check out my other fanfics for Ashton, Luke, and Michael. And I'll also be publishing a new Calum fanfic soon. Love you guys.

Davie

Three Years Forward

Graduation.

I never thought this day would get here. All the exams, clinicals, labs, papers, essays and constant studying is finally over. I'm graduating with my nursing degree.

Now, I'm standing in my room, staring at the black cap and gown lying out on my bed. I should be happier. More excited about this day. But I just can't bring myself to be. These three years have been the hardest to go through.

I still miss him every day. I think about him every waking moment. His career took off so quickly after he left here. His face being plastered all over magazines and social media. Calum Hood made his dreams come true and I'm so proud of him.

"Davie? Are you ready to go?" Alex asks from the door way, she and Ashtons almost three year old daughter balanced on her hip.

Alex and Ashton both stayed in school after their daughter was born. Ashton moved in with us as well. As much as I tried to move out to let them have their space, they refused to let me leave and we became a strange little family. I'm thankful for them. They kept my head above water when all I wanted to do was drown.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I say quietly.

"Let's go be college graduates shall we?" Ashton says, popping his head in my door, kissing the top of his daughters curly head. I throw on my cap and gown, and follow them out of the apartment.

There are hundreds and hundreds of students here, dressed in their black caps and gowns. Chatting with family and friends. It lifted my spirits a little to see my mother in the crowd, smiling and constantly snapping random pictures of me.

When the ceremony finally begins, I find myself sitting between Alex and Ashton, one hand is clutching Alex's hand and the other is holding onto Ashtons. The whole experience is very emotional, it's time to go out into the real world and be an acceptable adult.

When the dean calls my name, I carefully make my way up to the stage, the shouts and whistles from my mother in the crowd standing out above everyone else. I take my diploma, and shake his hand before I pause for a picture. And as I'm standing there on the stage, smiling as best I can, I see a face I never thought I would see in person again. My heart and breathing stopping all together.

Calum.

He's standing at the back of the crowd, under a tree, just casually leaning against it and smiling widely. I must be dreaming. I have to be seeing things. There's no way that he could possibly be here.

I don't take my eyes off of him until I get back to my seat, waiting for the rest of the graduates to receive their diplomas. When I turn back around to look for him, he isn't there. I knew it must of been all in my head. Did I really miss him so much that I was imagining things now?

The ceremony came to an end and I still felt uneasy. I hugged my mother and took pictures with Alex and Ashton.

"Are you okay? You seem out of it." Alex asked.

"Yeah I just..thought I saw someone." I shrug.

"Would that someone be tall, dark, and handsome?" She says with a small smile.

"I know it's crazy. I just swear that..." I started.

"Davie. Turn around." Alex says, cutting me off mid sentence.

"What?" I look at her strangely before I slowly turn my body around to face the other direction.

My breath hitches in my chest. When I turn around I'm met with the flawless face of former boyfriend. His hair is cut short, and his smile is spread across his whole face. More tattoos are inked into his skin, peaking out from under his black tshirt.

"Hey." He says. I can't speak. He's actually right here in front of me. The real him.

"I..eh..hi." I finally squeak out.

"Congratulations, Davie." He says.

"Thank you." I still can't take my eyes away from his, and he never tries to take his eyes off of me either.

"You're even more beautiful than I remember." He takes a step closer to me.

"I..I mean..what are you doing here?" I ask with a smile.

"I came to see my friends graduate college. Not something that happens every day. And I wanted to meet my niece." He says, motioning his head to where Ashton is standing holding his daughter, talking with Alex's family.

"I see." I bite my lip.

"And I wanted to see you, of course." He smirks.

"Why would you want to see me?"

"You're the one that left me, Davie. And I've never stopped thinking about you."

"I had my reasons, Calum. And look how well you're doing now."

"I could of done this with you. I needed you." He reaches out and takes my hand in his. The second his skin touches mine my whole body feels like it's on fire. I missed his touch.

"I needed you too." I say quietly.

"I meant what I said, there's never going to be anyone else. I belong to you, Davie." He cups my face in his hands. I can feel tears pricking my eyes as I lean into his touch.

"Calum...I mean I've seen the magazines..you've dated other people.." I says.

"Don't believe everything you read in magazines. It's not true. Do you want to know what I think about every day and night?" He says. I nod.

He pulls my lips up into his, and I immediately respond without thinking.

"That. I think about that every day." He whispers on my lips.

"So what are you trying to say, Calum Hood?" I smile at him.

"That I love you, Davie Lawrence." His hands still cupping my face.

I don't know what will happen. I don't know how it will work. But I'll never forgive myself if I let him go again.

"I love you more."