Chapter 26 - I Was Made To Love You

There aren't too terribly many chapters left on this one. Then I'll probably be doing a ton of editing and rewriting some parts. I love you guys for reading this :)

Davie

The sound of my teachers voice rang through the room, but I couldn't hear her. Instead, I aimlessly doodled on my notebook, wondering when things would make sense again.

I found out yesterday that Calum had dropped out of school. I knew it was coming, he stopped going to class all together, being so busy in the studio. He was playing small gigs almost every night.

When the teacher excused us, I walked slowly across campus, not paying attention to anyone or anything around me. The music of Ed Sheeran blasting through my earbuds. So when a hand tapped my shoulder I almost screamed and dropped my books.

"I'm so sorry I scared you." Luke says.

"Is there a reason you're even talking to me? I have nothing to say to you, Luke." I turn to walk away but he stops me again.

"Davie, I owe you an apology. Won't you at least let me do that?" His face is sad.

"No." I push passed him again.

"I messed up. I ruined our friendship."

"Are you still talking?"

"Please, Davie. Hear me out."

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Go ahead Lucas, I'm listening." I glare at him.

"What my sister and I did, it was wrong. I regret it more than anything. I'm sorry for how I've treated you. But all I ever wanted was a chance." His hair isn't styled up like it used to be. The facial hair on his jaw is grown out.

"You drugged my boyfriend. I don't think there's any forgiving you." I sigh.

"I know you're with Calum. I just want to be your friend. I can just be your friend, Davie." Luke says.

"I don't think you're the type of person I want as a friend. I'll accept your apology, but I don't want to be your friend. Sorry, Luke." My chest feels tight as I turn away and walk towards my car.

Some things are just unforgivable. What Luke did, is one of those things. I would never be able to trust him. And to me, trust is the biggest part of friendship.

I walked inside Alex and I's apartment, throwing my bag to the ground and dragging my feet as I walked to the kitchen, my best friend and roommate standing at the fridge.

"Alex? What are you doing?" I ask, grabbing a mug from the cabinet.

"I'm hungry. I'm so damn hungry." She bites at her thumb nail while she continues looking at the fridge.

I look down at the small bump on her belly. She's about three months along now and her cravings are getting worse. Yesterday, it was mashed potatoes and donuts.

"Do you want me to go get you something?" I ask her, placing my mug with water and a yea bag into the microwave.

"No. I'll think of something. How are you anyway?" She closes the fridge to look at me.

"Not so great. Miserable, actually." I lean my back against the cold granite of the counter.

"You need to talk to him, Davie. Calum needs to know how he's making you feel."

"He doesn't need anymore stress. I barely get to talk to him as it is."

"Then what? You'll pretend like you're okay forever? That isn't fair." She grabs a jar of Nutella from the cabinet and starts eating with a spoon. I scrunch my nose at her.