Chapter 28 - Broken Boy Meets Broken Girl

Holy shit. Have you guys seen the Rolling Stone cover?! Merry fucking Christmas to us!! They still amaze me, and I hate that they feel so unhappy sometimes. Anyways, there will be one more chapter after this one and then like a Epilogue thing. Almost the end :)

Davie

I haven't slept. It's been a day since Calum walked out of my door so unwillingly, and the pain hasn't ceased at all. I can't bring myself to leave my bed. Not for class, not to eat, not for anything.

The clock on my phone tells me that it's 10pm. I don't know what suddenly comes over me, but I need more. I need more closure. I need to see him again and I need to feel him again before I can't anymore.

I drive far too fast to the hotel that's only a few blocks away, the rain pouring down against my windshield, making it difficult to see, put I keep my foot on the gas, scared that I'll change my mind if I don't get there right away.

With a bit of convincing and a $20 bill, I convince the girl at the front desk to give me his room number. I could of asked him for it, but I didn't want him to know I was coming.

I was a mess. My hair was knotted and I had 2 day old make up on my face. But I knocked anyways, hoping he was in the room, and alone. It didn't take long for the door to swing open and for the love of my life to appear in front of me.

"Davie? What's wrong?" He doesn't move to let me in, he only looks at me with concern.

"One more time, Calum." I say quietly, my eyes never leaving his. It doesn't sink in right away, but when it does, his eyes get darker and his muscles tense.

"It doesn't have to only be one more time, Davie." He says, his face still sad.

"Yes, it does." I step towards him quickly, grabbing the back of his neck with both hands and crashing my lips onto his.

He doesn't fight me. He just lets his lips mold into mine so perfectly, like they always do. He pushes the door closed and brings his hands up to cup my face and kiss me more deeply. I need him like I need the air that I breathe. I'll never truly be the same when he's gone, not really living, just getting by.

I'm desperate for his touch, to feel his hot skin pressing against mine. My hands drop to his chest, where I grip his shirt and tear away the buttons, revealing his toned torso that I dream about so regularly. My body has no patience, even though I should be savoring every second of this.

"Davie, we should stop." Calum breathes into my mouth.

"No. I need this. I have to be able to remember this." I kiss him again, desperate and needy. I feel and hear him groan into the kiss, before he grabs me under my thighs and pushes my back against the wall of the hotel room.

"I love you." He says between kisses as he drags his lips down my jaw and onto the sensitive skin of my neck.

"I love you."  I whisper back.

Calum held be against the wall with his hips, and his hands slowly rub down my sides until they reach the hem of my shirt and he peels it from my body, finger tips running up my bare skin as he does, before he immediately reattached our lips.

Nothing will ever feel this right again. I won't be able to fully give myself to anyone this way. Calum taught me how to feel pure bliss. To be so utterly happy that it's contagious. He showed me what it was like to give your whole self to someone, and know that they are going to take care of you. Letting him go is the only way. No one will understand, not even Calum, but I'm doing this because I love him.

I push his flannel off of his shoulders, and let it hit the floor around his feet. I take my lips off of his for a moment, to really look at him. His muscular biceps and the black ink that wraps around them. The small patch of ink on my finger will forever remind of the moments I had with him. Our new beginning that so abruptly had to come to an end.