Chapter 6

Song: Crush by David Archuleta

(Kirsten)

The sunlight rained down on me, the light momentarily blinding me once I opened my eyes. In that moment I hated that light, that beckon, something that awoken me to this reality. My reality.

Groaning, I rubbed my face, awakening me from any sign of sleepiness. The normal beaten up blanket that would cover my body wasn't against me. Instead , the cold boards of the floor pressed against every exposed area of my body.

A sharp pain to my right arm made me flinch back, my legs propeling me up against the wall. Another jolt of pain came from my lower back, my hands pushing me up to a standing position.

The familiar scene of my small bedroom filled most my vision, my he's of clothes a small pile in the corner where mother won't see it.

My small, old oak desk filled the rest of the room beside my bed, the only room left for one to walk through.

Outside of my room was my mother's territory, bottles of whiskey and beer littering the floor. More than usual. Stains of something that I choose not to investigate everywhere. And the worse part? Mother's territory was all carpet. At most times, it was hard to get stains out.

Mark must've broken up with mother. I guess he cracked under the pressure of my mother's drinking problem. He desperately tried to get her I'm to rehab, even going as far as trying to enlist my help. Like that will get you far.

Coming closer, I noticed the stain wasn't from beer or whiskey, it didn't have the same color. Instead, it was a dark reddish black, the smell of fresh copper coming from it.

Blood.

But whose?

They was when I remembered the pain I had just a bit ago, and glanced down at my arm.

Dry blood had led trails from the side of my upper arm, all the way down to my hand where it seemed to have dripped down on the floor.

My uninjured Hans went around and reached to my lower back, flinching when I felt the scar. Looking at my fingers, fresh blood stuck to them.

I had no more tears in my eyes like I use to have last year, and the few years before. Now I was use to my mother's abuse.

Yet, I had the stages dream of a wolf. But I've never encountered any wolves from around the city unless you went toward the forests.

Shaking off the dream slightly, I turned back and tried to get ready for school before mother woke up. I couldn't deal with her today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To cover my scars, I ended up wearing a baggy white shirt that covered both of them as much as it can. The blood was washed off completely, no sign of it now any ways.

The school, still the crowded death hole as always, seemed more lively today than usual. Many others today slightly turned when I walked by, others snickering.

Everything resulted in me being more self conscious, bowing my head lower as I hurried toward my locker.

"What's wrong," a voice piped up, softly gripping my elbow so I'd stop.

I recognized those blue vans anywhere. Eyes traveling up to her Jean shorts and black the shirt, Emberly's curious eyes met mine.

"I..There's so m..many people watching me for some reason."

Her face changed from curiosity to no emotion at all, her eyes flickering around the halls to see if it were true. Once she saw it, her lips turned back in a scowl.