Chapter 13

(Brandon)

(6:58 pm.)

I told myself not to look back, not to look at her. But all I wanted to do was go back to her and continue what I was going to say, stay with her for as long as she'd let me.

My hands were clenched into fists in my pocket, a fake smile plastered onto my face. Everyone I had passed by was familiar, many people from other packs that we had allied with. No rouges had snuck their way in so far, but a gathering this big . . . I wouldn't be surprised if some would show up. It wasn't safe for the few humans that lingered around here. A photographer scrambled to each group, taking photos of dares and friends.

Relaxing my tense shoulders, I made my way towards the music booth, pounding waves of sound echoing throughout the room. Alex stood behind the booth, large headphones covering his ears as he start to mix another song to the current one that was playing.

Hopping onto the platform he stood upon, I could feel him trying to invade my link. I chuckled at his attempt, the sound deeper then usual.

"What do you want," he growled out, my sensitive hearing picking up the whisper.

"Can't I say hi to my best friend?"

He shook his head, a bitter glint in his eyes.

"Don't get close to what belongs to me, got that? She's mine."

Knowing I couldn't push any further, I headed down. His words kept weaving it's self throughout my concious.

I didn't know where I was going. I didn't want to know, my eyes only seeing red. The little bit-

Cold water was what seemed to snap me back to reality. An unfamiliar scent caught my attention, hands on my forearms.

"I...I'm so so sorry, I . .. I'll pay for it."

The high pitched voice of hers was what caught my eye the most. Glancing down at her, shock ran up my spine.

I haven't seen her for at least a week. Yet, no body seemed to know what happened to her, not even her little annoying friends.

"Tiffany...?"

She shot up at the sound of her name, eyes wide. Blond hair was pulled back in a tight bun, her body covered with a tight green dress. Unlike anybody else, she wore no mask. But they way she looked . . . Something just scared me. But it wasn't her posture.

What scared me the most was her eyes. The usual greyish blue eyes that would usually hold greed and lust was gone. In its place was nothing at all.

I stepped a little closer, not noticing her hand flinch back. Inhaling, I slowly breathed out once reality hit me. Before I could make any comment, she dashed off, the crowd enveloping her.

Tiffany was one of us.

But how could she be? She was human! Unless...

" . . . She's the newbie that Clarke's been talking about, huh?"

"Eh, I guess."

I couldn't help but hear a group of older woman gossip, their eyes trained in the direction that Tiffany had dissappeared.

"But isn't the changing ritual forbidden by Alpha Chad?"

"I heard that they were given permission since the girl had a brother that held a high position in the pack up north."

Tiffany has a brother?

A lady with red hair and a white dress just scoffed.

"So? Who cares if he holds a high position? Alpha Chad shouldn't just let these things go by lightly. No one's ever heard of the Dolosa Pack anyway! It's just outrageous!"